This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reset

Is there anyway to programatically reset a sign, as can be done from the Options, Sign page? Im ocasionally getting a sign freeze, and wonder if a nightly reset may help?

Yes, there is:

hs.plugin("LEDAM").SignReset "signlist"

The sign list parameter defaults to all signs if omitted, or is a list of one or more signs delimited by semi-colons, for example: "sign1;sign2".

This reminds me that I was going to add this as an event action.

Bill

Comment

An action would be real good, because then I can easily us it from my once-per-night event trigger.

I'm not sure why, but my weather message which contains several strings, seems to occasionally be locking up one of my signs. When this occurs it no longer responds to the remote, but it does seem to respond to the reset. I've looked at the message with the message viewer, and it looks fine. I will try turning off the verify option since this still doesn't prevent the occasional missing string, and it may be confusing the sign.

Comment

Already added, it will be in the next release I post (which I hope will be some time next week).

In the meantime you can do an immediate script command as an event action.

Bill

Comment

Bill:

I need a refresher on that. It used to be you could run &hs.plugin("LEDAM").SignReset from the run scripts command, but it doesn't look like it in my version. 2.2.0.11

Comment

You need to be in the "Advanced" view when editing the script action (there should be a "Switch to Advanced View" button if you are in "Basic" mode). When you are in advanced mode, there is a text box titled "OR script statement", just type the immediate command in there.

Bill

Comment

O.K. it was the "advanced" part I forgot. Thanks. I knew it used to be there somewhere.

Comment

O.K. What am I still doing wrong?

Added this: &hs.plugin("LEDAM").SignReset
                Under the Script Statement section of an event.

5/3/2007 7:49:29 PM - Error - Running script, init error: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'hs.plugin(...).SignReset'
                5/3/2007 7:49:29 PM - Error - DV_Request general error: InvalidOperation_EnumFailedVersion, HS2Util
                5/3/2007 7:49:29 PM - Error - CheckTriggerStatusChange (DE) error, Object reference not set to an instance of an object., Scheduler

Comment

Which version of the plug-in are you running? This was a recent addition.

Bill

Comment

Thanks. That is probably the problem. I just had to roll back to an older version, but the good news is, this version doesn't "lockup" so don't need the reset with this version.

Comment

Working...
                    X