This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mario,

sorry for the late reaction. im looking for the lights and sensor icons u used..., maybe an idea to post them to the hs3 graphics forum...?

thanks in advance

Bart
    Regards Bart
    ------------------------------------------
    Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
    HSPRO 3.
    Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Better Door Bell

We always need a new project. This time is on my front door. We need to replace/update it and prices are just silly. So, for the $3 to $4k a new door would WAF is very high.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jetkit View Post
        WAF is very high.
        If the lighting is always good enough, you might be able to get away by using the camera on the tablet itself?

Btw, by not using kwikset's keypad, you're not saying you're going to disconnect it, right? If you did, does it work without the keypad part connected?
        HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

We always need a new project. This time is on my front door. We need to replace/update it and prices are just silly. So, for the $3 to $4k a new door would WAF is very high.

Could you show more pictures and give more retails about the install?
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I am sure the internal tablet camera could work.
            My concern in using the camera from the tablet was bandwidth to/from tablet, control, and image quality. I do want to use face recognition one day.
            In the IPad that was not the best approach for me. Using a good foscam and blue-iris I got the level of control I wanted.

Good question on the kwikset, I never tested it with the keypad fully removed. I just pulled apart and left the kb pcb attached. I will test if I really need it there.
            One note: I may have saved money on buying the non zwave lock and adding a card. But the fully "metalized" cover of this lock messed with me big time. I would pay $60 more not to deal with that again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario23 View Post
              I'm sorry I totally missed this post!!!

Which buttons were looking for...the lights and locks?
              I would love to "borrow" the Locks !!
              Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

I am sure the internal tablet camera could work.
                My concern in using the camera from the tablet was bandwidth to/from tablet, control, and image quality. I do want to use face recognition one day.
                In the IPad that was not the best approach for me. Using a good foscam and blue-iris I got the level of control I wanted.
                Are foscams good enou9gh? I bought 6 and 2 of them are dead within a year. I think there's a thread here somewhere where ppl chimed in on their bad durability of foscam cctvs.
                This is especially important since:

a). you're using it for front gate security
                b). you're doing some custom work for its mount
                c). it's gonna be a pain in the *** to replace

Good question on the kwikset, I never tested it with the keypad fully removed. I just pulled apart and left the kb pcb attached. I will test if I really need it there.
                One note: I may have saved money on buying the non zwave lock and adding a card. But the fully "metalized" cover of this lock messed with me big time. I would pay $60 more not to deal with that again.
                Oh I didn't notice about the cover! I've swapped kwikset parts around, I wonder if I have any metal covers on any of my kwikset. How did it mess with you? Horrible battery drain or connection reliability issue?

Btw, do you know the difference between the different versions of the z-wave part for the lock? I've purchased a supposed new one and couldn't tell the difference with my older ones.
                HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
                  Are foscams good enou9gh?
                  Nothing made abroad is good enough nowadays...
                  I guess is a price/benefit decision.
                  I have (8) 5 year old cctvs in the dvr, (2) 5 year old IP foscams and (2) 1 year old WIFI IP foscams. I really like the night vision and image of the newer cams, just don't want any more wifi things. Airwaves getting clogged here.
                  I will keep your observation in mind and built in a way to service both the tablet and the camera in the door

How did it mess with you? Horrible battery drain or connection reliability issue?
                  Both, but more important was the connectivity issue. I get no errors at all with the cover off, but with them on is unreliable.

Btw, do you know the difference between the different versions of the z-wave part for the lock? I've purchased a supposed new one and couldn't tell the difference with my older ones.
                  Nope. Got this one from eBay ($19) and got lucky. I will pay more attention to this next time.

Comment

Nothing made abroad is good enough nowadays...
                    I guess is a price/benefit decision.
                    I have (8) 5 year old cctvs in the dvr, (2) 5 year old IP foscams and (2) 1 year old WIFI IP foscams. I really like the night vision and image of the newer cams, just don't want any more wifi things. Airwaves getting clogged here.
                    I will keep your observation in mind and built in a way to service both the tablet and the camera in the door
                    Cool, you're reallly getting good mileage out of those cam. I havent been as lucky. btw you're not gonna put the camera inside the door/behind glass will you? IR emitter reflections and all that

Comment

No IR there. Got only the lens and board . Had to adapt the photocell from IR ring as the camera would not work right without it.
                      But I believe that I could mount the lens flush to the glass, and IR reflection would not be much.
                      Well, ripping things apart is faster than proper thinking.

I do have IR flood lights in the area already, and NV is very good.

Comment

iPad Mini Screen Size/Resolution in HSTouch Designer?

Hi guys,
                        I'm trying to create iPad Mini 2 screens in HSTouch designer but can't find any new information about height and width as there is for a normal iPad. Do you use the same settings? And if so, then how do you save your screen sizes in photoshop so that they appear normal or not rescaled when drop them in HSTouch designer. Can anyone help

Thank you.

Eman.
                        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Just use the same screens for the mini and regular ipad. They scale perfectly. As for resolution, just follow the sizes in the templates (1024 x 768)

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
                            Just use the same screens for the mini and regular ipad. They scale perfectly. As for resolution, just follow the sizes in the templates (1024 x 768)
                            519zwave,

Thank you so much! I was having a headache

Best regards.

Eman.
                            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Someone wanted locks. So here they are. 128x128 pixels and compressed really good, so they will work fast on the client.
                              Attached Files
                              Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

There is a thread for posting graphics:
                                http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1251

Comment

Working...
                                X