No announcement yet.

Failed to get a response from the ISY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just knowing you had re-enabled your programs helps. So that means it's probably not a problem with executing the commands but rather a a conflict between the running programs and executing commands.

The change I made for .41 only covers the case where the plug-in is both starting the program running and executing device commands. If programs are already running or they get triggered by some other means, it looks like they'll still conflict.

Like I said originally, the ISY is notifying the plug-in when it is busy (executing a program), but for some reason that's not working well. Maybe it's a problem with in the plug-in or maybe the ISY is being too sensitive. Now that I think I understand the full extent of the problem, I'll try to come up with a simple test and work with UDI if necessary.

You absolutely should be able to do what you're trying to do without it failing like this.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Just a quick update. I did find one bug in the plug-in that could be the cause of some of these problems. The plug-in wasn't always waiting for a response to device commands.

However, that doesn't seem to be the main cause. I've got an easy to reproduce case where I simply send two device commands in a row, the first command triggers a program on the ISY to run and then the second command will always fail.

After playing around a bit, I've determined that sending a device command while a program is actively running will cause that command to fail. I also noticed that the ISY is not reporting that it is busy while the program is running so the plug-in has no easy way to know this.

I've brought this up with UDI as I think it's really a problem on their end.
      --
      Bob Paauwe
      ISYInsteon Plug-in
      http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Bob,

Thanks for the update. I know they are busy trying to get 5.x out of alpha but hopefully they can put in a fix really soon. It also sound that potentially if I move my programs over to HS3 that I could stay clear of this bug.

Richard

Comment

Working...
        X