Samsung 6 Series Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bjm2020 View Post
    Attached are the logs from the latest version.
    I see it still terminates. Are the keys working?

Comment

Yes they are still working

Comment

Yes they are still working
        Interesting, so my masking is working but the TV still disconnects. I wonder whether there is a specific mask it expects or it expects a different mask each time. Attached a small modified version that changes the mask between commands. I noted in the trace that at least one command got through without disconnect but the second caused a disconnect. Also added masking of Pongs.
        Dirk
        Last edited by dcorsus; May 11, 2018, 02:10 AM. Reason: removed attachment

Comment

That looks like it did the trick. The connection is persistent and the commands are pushed through right away.

Attached are the new logs.
          Attached Files

Comment

That looks like it did the trick. The connection is persistent and the commands are pushed through right away.

Attached are the new logs.
            Indeed, that seems to have done it. Bummer it still doesn't work for my J-Series.
            Dirk

Comment

Yeah, it is a bummer. All of the research I did from this lead to nothing but dead end's for the J series tv's. No one has been able figure out the protocol.

Thanks for the work on this even though it doesn't work on your tv.

I have a 2016 LG tv in my bedroom that I would like to get IP control. The protocol for these are pretty well documented. I think I'm gonna take a crack at writing my first plugin or script for this one.

Comment

I have a 2016 LG tv in my bedroom that I would like to get IP control. The protocol for these are pretty well documented. I think I'm gonna take a crack at writing my first plugin or script for this one.
                Good luck w/ your PI or script. Very recently we bought an LG TV for our office and I began looking at how to remotely control it. I'm in the market for another TV and I'm leaning very heavily towards OLED so either LG or Sony. The former I can't control but the latter they really do an excellent job on how they implement remote control. If I end up buying an LG, chances are high I end up adding it to this PI.

I'll probably post a new version of this PI soon in the updater, perhaps in a week or two to make sure nothing else shows up that needs fixing.

Dirk

Comment

If you decide to go the lg route, check out this library.

https://github.com/hobbyquaker/lgtv2

It looks like it supports a lot of functionality including subscribing to event notifications from the tv as well as sending Toast messages to the TV.

I'm not positive on the compatibility with the latest models. I would assume it would support any lg tv that has web os. I have done a test with a few basic commands and they are working fine. This is with a 2016 LG 43UH6030 with WebOS 3.0.

Comment

Upcoming IP remote support for Samsung and LV TVs

If you decide to go the lg route, check out this library.

https://github.com/hobbyquaker/lgtv2

It looks like it supports a lot of functionality including subscribing to event notifications from the tv as well as sending Toast messages to the TV.

I'm not positive on the compatibility with the latest models. I would assume it would support any lg tv that has web os. I have done a test with a few basic commands and they are working fine. This is with a 2016 LG 43UH6030 with WebOS 3.0.
                    It has been a while since we posted on this thread. Just keep an eye open on this forum. I recently managed to get new Samsung TVs to work (2016 and newer), which lead me to better understand what they do and led me to solve this for 2014/2015 models which thought me a lot about websockets; had me look at my LG TV again and got that to work over the weekend. Actually first test I did was to send a small "toast" message

I need to wrap it all into one code base, do a lot more testing. The LG seems to behave pretty stable, the Samsung (model 2014/2015) still goes awol quite a bit (use AES encrypted PIN exchange), so that will need a lot more attention.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                    X