CM15A: Receive Command trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CM15A: Receive Command trigger

I'm very new to Homeseer, but I'm evaluating the trial version to see if it works with my existing X10 kit before moving on to use it with Z-Wave.

So, I have a CM15A interface, and I also use SS13A switches to trigger events. I'm struggling to understand how I can trigger an event from pressing one of the buttons on the SS13A.

If I look in the HS3 log (having enabled X10 logging), I see this when I press one of the buttons:

CM15A DEBUG Received CM15 Address:B3, Command: on

So, I setup an Event as follows:
    If CM15A: Recieve Command
    House Code B Unit Code 3 Command ON
    Then
    Speak "Button 3 turned on"

But nothing happens. Am I correct to be using the CM15A: Receive Command option for this, or is there something else I need to enable to get this event to work?

Originally posted by tarbat View Post
    Am I correct to be using the CM15A: Receive Command option for this, or is there something else I need to enable to get this event to work?
    I have been using the CM15A successfully in HS3 for sometime now, however I haven't used the '..Receive Command' option as a trigger in an event. Try creating a device in HS3, click on its CM15 tab and assign it B3. Then see if the status of the device turns on and off when you press your button. If it does, and it should, then select the device changing to ON as the trigger for your event.
    I would create a device in HS3 for each button on your SS13.
    Steve

Comment

Many thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, setting up a device for B-3 and then triggering the event with "changes and becomes ON" works perfectly. I press the button on the SS13A, and immediately the event is triggered - excellent.

So, does this mean that the "CM15: Receive Command" functionality is broken? If so, how do I ask Homeseer to fix this?

Comment

Go to Bugzilla using the 'report a bug' option on the support menu and report it there.
        Steve

Comment

Interestingly the CM15 Receive command works okay on the Zee version - HS3-Pi.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbat View Post
            Interestingly the CM15 Receive command works okay on the Zee version - HS3-Pi.
            Out of interest I just tested it myself on HS3 (windows) and you are correct my test event didn't trigger when the CM15 command was received. Did you enter a bug? Adding the information that it works on HS3-PI might help them track it down.

Steve

Comment

I tried posting a bug on bugzilla.homeseer.com having gone to the trouble of registering. But all I get when I try to register the bug is:

Gateway Time-out

The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.
              Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at bugzilla.homeseer.com Port 80

So I gave up Maybe someone from Homeseer can fix their bug tracking site!

Comment

Posted a bug in bugzilla with a link to these posts.

Reads:

CM15 receive command works OK on Zee Linux but not in Wintel.

I did see a mochad directory on the Zee that I have never noticed before.

What version is running on Wintel / Linux of the plugin?

In HS3 Pro for Linux it is 3.0.0.4

In HS3 Pro for the Zee it is

In HS3 Pro for Wintel it is?

Old bugzilla ticket #2283 reads CM15A Receive Command not working

New one is #2286 and reads CM15 receive command works OK on Zee Linux but not in Wintel

so its a bit different.

Quickie trace route to Bugzilla from Chicago. Wondering if there was some sort of network thing going on?

3 13 ms 18 ms 15 ms te-0-7-0-15-sur03.romeoville.il.chicago.comcast.net [69.139.232.129]
                4 25 ms 18 ms 19 ms te-0-6-0-1-ar01.elmhurst.il.chicago.comcast.net[68.86.187.145]
                5 15 ms 15 ms 29 ms he-2-0-0-0-cr01.chicago.il.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.91.137]
                6 15 ms 23 ms 17 ms be-10406-cr01.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.84.210]
                7 39 ms 33 ms 35 ms he-4-11-0-0-cr01.newyork.ny.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.86.225]
                8 39 ms 41 ms 39 ms xe-0-0-0-0-pe01.onesummer.ma.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.84.130]
                9 51 ms 37 ms 38 ms as33748.onesummer.ma.ibone.comcast.net [66.208.23.22]
                10 43 ms 43 ms 44 ms 86.ne.business.static.dsci-net.com [207.22.0.86]
                11 41 ms 41 ms 42 ms 67.217.100.101.static.rev.colospace.com [67.217.100.101]
                Last edited by Pete; October 9, 2014, 12:14 AM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I've decided to abandon trying to use the CM15 Receive trigger on events. The problem is that the switches I use, a SS13A slimline switch, sends multiple X10 messages if you hold the switch down too long. This then triggers multiple occurences of the event, resulting in my curtains opening and closing several times!!

So instead I'm using Steve's suggestion to use the device that's associated with the switch changing to ON to trigger the curtains.

Code:

IF  Lounge Curtains changes and becomes On
                   OR IF  Lounge Curtains changes and becomes Off
                   Then  Set Device  Lounge Front Curtains to On
                   Then  Set Device  Lounge Side Curtains to On  after a delay of  2 Seconds
                   Then  Set Device  Lounge Front Curtains to Off  after a delay of  10 Seconds  
                   Then  Set Device  Lounge Side Curtains to Off  after a delay of  12 Seconds

Comment

Unrelated to the CM15 functional stuff but relating to automation stuff tangent here....

Here use the X-10 wireless key pad for shutting off text to speech stuff for example on the garage doors which go into a repetitive reminder that the door is open. I also went to putting multiple wired sensors and loops (which close or open) which drive some of the checks and balances of the events. I have by accident held the buttons to long and reset the wireless keypad. Its mostly just been a timing thing relating to reception of the x10 variable with the wireless receiver do what if then do that stuff.

One of my automation concerns here over the years is attempting at predicting human behavior (well wife).

My wife is very independent and I cannot tell her to do this or that based on what the computer guesses; it just doesn't always work here. I did once try that follow me automation in the house using PIR's (and occupancy sensors). While I liked it; it was very low on the WAF (wife acceptance factor).

IE: Using NC/NO switches on the doors + PIR motion detection devices in the spaces + visuals if need be (multiple cams for views) still only works so so OK for me. You can get really granular using stepper motors for the blinds / drapes type of stuff for definitive positional stuff.
                    Last edited by Pete; October 11, 2014, 12:52 PM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I'm having the same issue with CM15A not triggering off "X10 received" commands on Windows, which is annoying, to say the least.
                      In regards to the SS13A sending multiple commands and events retriggering multiple times, I would suggest using the "Event cannot retrigger for xx seconds" option.

Comment

Originally posted by LxMeister View Post
                        I'm having the same issue with CM15A not triggering off "X10 received" commands on Windows, which is annoying, to say the least.
                        In regards to the SS13A sending multiple commands and events retriggering multiple times, I would suggest using the "Event cannot retrigger for xx seconds" option.
                        Please put in a Bugzilla ticket on any issue you have with a plugin here:
                        http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzilla/
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Cant beleave it

HS3 support X10 so as HS3 is mature (i thought) i bought the HS3 pro.
                          But X10 commands are not logging and triggering doesnt work !!!!

Is just start crying and to make it worse bugzilla (bug 2283) states importance normal.

HS 3.0.0.163, CM15A 3.0.0.8

And yes i can use it, I use an device status change but it should work and be solved in a week or so.

Comment

So, this bug has been on the bug-tracking web-site for a year now, is it ever going to be fixed?

http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=2283

Comment

Upped the importance of Bugzilla ticket to major from normal and commented as posted here:

1 - Upped the Importance to major from normal because
                              2 - bugzilla ticket was opened 7th of October, 2014 because
                              3 - works now in Linux - ARM and Intel CPU because
                              4 - looks like maybe the fix in Linux was adding a USB vendor profile for X10
                              5 - it doesn't work in Homeseer 3 for Wintel and
                              6 - many folks are upgrading now from XP/W7 to W10.

Hopefully Wade will have a look see.

Christopher...BTW unrelated to OP ....now running two RPi2's using the PiFace RTC shim clock; works great. Latest add has been migrating my Cumulus 1 running in Wintel Server to now CumulusMX running on the RPi2. Working very well these days and thank-you for the suggestions.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X