www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Hardware > SmartStick+

SmartStick+ Discussions related to the HomeSeer SmartStick+ Z-Wave USB interface

Old May 29th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Viewer

Cannot get SmartStick+ drivers to install

I am attempting to install the SmartStick+ on a HomeTroller S4 running HS3.

I have downloaded the driver from the website, Current Drivers and Fixes, SmartStick+ Drivers.

Opened the zip file and extracted the contents into a folder on the desktop of the Hometroller.

If I right click on the INF file and select Install…screen refreshes or something making me think that it installed. No error message, etc.

Plug in the SmartStick+ and it doesn’t recognize it and prompts to install the device driver.

I select the appropriate radio button to have it browse to the folder on the desktop where I have extracted the device driver.

Click Ok to proceed.

Get this error message:

A service installation section in this INF is invalid

Device driver will not install.

Device Manager shows the the Smartstick+ as a USB Device with an ‘!’ exclamation point over the icon.

Need some assistance figuring out how to proceed.