Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forward or Next Button

Gurus,

My Bose SoundTouch 10 remote has a very handy forward or next button (also back, but I don't use that) it's great for skipping the odd song. I'm thinking of using the BOSESoundTouch plug-in and integrating with HS3 but have a very short attention span and need that next button. Any suggestion on how to access that functionality within the plugin, I'm not seeing it in the list of available control device commands?

Thanks in advance,

Leo

I have added the Forward / Next buttons into the latest version of the BOSE SoundTouch plugin. Any new SoundTouch speakers added will get the new buttons on the Track device. I also added Shuffle and Repeat control buttons.

Comment

Cheers

Awesome! You can expect a plugin sale later today. (Bose should come out OK also)

Thanks

Leo

Comment

Hi,

There there a way to have one button for Repeat and have it toggle between the three Repeat functions? Same with the Shuffle function?

Thanks

Comment

Would this be so you can have a single button on an HSTouch screen?

Comment

Yes, that is correct. Also, to have an image to match the corresponding state of the Repeat and Shuffle function.

Comment

I updated the plugin to version 3.9 in which any new players created will get individual shuffle and repeat devices created. You should be able to pull status from those into HSTouch.

Comment

I just tried it out and it works perfect. Much appreciate and thank you! I'm loving the plug-in.

I might be pushing my luck right now, but I'll ask it anyway. is it possible to have a Play/Pause function for the tracks?

Comment

Version 3.9.5 has a play status device (Play, Pause, Stop) created for any new SoundTouch player added. I also went ahead and created two time devices for song length and the current playing position in a song (seconds). You might want those on your HSTouch screens but it might be a bit jumpy as they will only update every few seconds after the refresh.

Comment

Sweat!, I will check it out later today.

Thank you!

Comment

Hi,

I'm noticing that there's no toggle from STOP to PLAY in HS3. The toggle from PAUSE to PLAY works fine. I have to select play in HS3 to get it out of STOP. This happens when the source in INTERNET_RADIO.

Also, is there a work around for displaying the track time as an integer instead of a string? I'm trying to create a slider that moves along with the song, but in HSTouch the Status Tracking is only looking for a value for the image.

Thanks

Comment

The plugin is just sending that keypress to the player. Push "Pause" on the Homeseer device it will send Pause to the SoundTouch player. Same for "Play" and "Stop", similar to what the remote control would be doing.

Take a look at the actual SoundTouch app you have installed somewhere while you have music playing. They have a difference between internet radio and playing local media. They have one needing Pause to stop it and the other one needs a Stop.

I will take a look at getting the two time devices into an integer.

Comment

In version 3.9.6.0 the two time devices now have the integer and string versions of the time in a track.

Comment

I'm getting the following error message in my log:
                            Jul-31 11:06:44 AM Error Initializing plug-in(2): BOSESoundTouch Instance::TimeSpan does not accept floating point Not-a-Number values.STACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper (intptr,intptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI:InitIO (string) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces () [0x00098] in :0

in the Plug-in manager I'm getting this warning in the plug-in status:
                            WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from BOSESoundTouch - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

I've tried enabling and disabling the plug-in and rebooting my controller as well.

Comment

Just to get back to a stable release I have revered back to the previous version. The new version of the plugin, 3.9.7 is really just the code you had no problem with, 3.9.5. I called it 3.9.7 so that you could "upgrade" from version 3.9.6 which was setting the string time values into the value integer as well so that we could use it on the slider in HSTouch.

As usual, disable the plugin, do the upgrade then turn it back to enabled.

Please let me know you are back to a stable working version and we can go from there. The floating point error you saw makes me think I need to add some validation of what comes back from the SoundTouch player before setting the Homeseer device.

thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X