This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta 1.0.4 Here

Update: The beta has been updated to a non-expiring (but requires standard UPB plug-in license) build. The new release build should make it into the updater in April.

I am posting a quick beta-test of the latest build. There are three main changes:

1) The location of a link device can be changed in HomeSeer and the change will "stick" and not cause issues with the plug-in. Normally UPStart stores all the attributes for a device but there is no location for a link so the plug-in just initializes it to "UPB Device Link". If you change the location to something else in HomeSeer the plug-in will continue to honor that new location through restarts.

2) The method that devices use to report their status in the "core reports" command is undefined in the PCS specifications. The plug-in has been updated to deal with some of the newer devices that report separate values for multiple channels while still properly dealing with the devices that send their channel information in a single value.

3) The error sometimes encountered in version 1.0.3 where multiple device commands were being issued by HomeSeer at the same time (usually because of delayed events) has been resolved.

There are a number of smaller bug fixes present as well as better logging and error reporting.

Just shut down HomeSeer and backup your old HSPI_UPB.DLL. Then unzip the attached file into your HomeSeer directory and restart HomeSeer.

Please let me know if there are any problems. If this build is stable then I will be placing a release build in the updater soon.

NOTE: This is a beta version and as such will expire and stop working at the end of March.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Oman; March 24, 2011, 10:10 PM.
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

The new version is working rock solid for me so far, even getting correct status displays from the US22-40 dual load switches.

Nicely Done!
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Nice Update !

Downloaded the update... location changes and additions make this plugin work well for my web site. Thanks,

Checking out what I can reorganize here.
      Hey Merry Christmas too - To Everyone.
      HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.258

Comment

I have one odd thing happening since the update I think I should report, just in case.

I get this error in my log every time after I deactivate a UPB device link.

** UPB Message transmission to device 'Hallway/Stairway Stairway Light' failed because there was no ACK from the destination device. The device may be off-line..

The weird thing is, all that link does is trigger a Virtual device on or off depending on the state of the link. It has nothing to do with my "stairway light". I've gone over the links in upstart as well as events in HS and can find no correlation between the link and that supposed failing switch. Looking at the switch in Upstart it has excellent signal, no noise and is performing just fine. It responds to commands, reports it's level and works in events just like it's supposed to.

I just have no idea where the message is coming from or why. It doesn't effect anything that I can see it's just annoying to see that error message in the log for no rhyme or reason that makes sense to me.

Jon if you have a chance before the final update to the UPB plug-in gets released I have a log file if it would help.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Send me a log and I'm sure we can find where it is coming from. The link can't cause the error, it is only caused by a direct command that isn't ACKed. My guess is that you have some sort of event firing as a result of the link being sent. That command would be causing a direct command.

Jon

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
          I have one odd thing happening since the update I think I should report, just in case.

I get this error in my log every time after I deactivate a UPB device link.

** UPB Message transmission to device 'Hallway/Stairway Stairway Light' failed because there was no ACK from the destination device. The device may be off-line..

The weird thing is, all that link does is trigger a Virtual device on or off depending on the state of the link. It has nothing to do with my "stairway light". I've gone over the links in upstart as well as events in HS and can find no correlation between the link and that supposed failing switch. Looking at the switch in Upstart it has excellent signal, no noise and is performing just fine. It responds to commands, reports it's level and works in events just like it's supposed to.

I just have no idea where the message is coming from or why. It doesn't effect anything that I can see it's just annoying to see that error message in the log for no rhyme or reason that makes sense to me.

Jon if you have a chance before the final update to the UPB plug-in gets released I have a log file if it would help.
          Jon Ort
          JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Thanks for taking a look Jon, I appreciate it. Error log sent. I can't see how it's a plug-in problem but I can't find a cause for it either. The error message only happens right after I send that link to toggle the virtual device.
            Marty
            ------

Comment

Jon,
              Attempting to test the new UPB plugin. Used updater to update whatever was there to 1.0.3.0. Version # appeared in setup and configuration just fine. Dropped in new DLL of version 1.0.4.X and setup/plugin interfaces show:

Version: 1.0.4.28938

Configuration page shows:

UPB Plugin Version 2.5.0.5 Configuration

Is this correct?

Starting from scratch - First disabled plugin. Then deleted any file related to UPB in the HS directory. Then deleted lingering UPB devices.

I then went to the updater (again) and installed the posted 1.0.3.0 plugin.

Shut down HS.

Restarted HS.

Watched the HS boot log.

1/8/2011 10:14:04 AM - Updater - Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\hspi_UPB.dll
              1/8/2011 10:14:04 AM - System - Registering C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\hspi_UPB.dll with Windows
              1/8/2011 10:14:06 AM - Updater - Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Doc\HomeSeer UPB Plugin Documentation.rtf
              1/8/2011 10:14:06 AM - Updater - Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\UPB.lf
              1/8/2011 10:14:06 AM - Updater - Installation of updates completed
              I then went to setup and enabled the plugin, saved. Version shows 1.0.3.0 and status is showing "Status=-1" which I believe is incorrect?

Went to UPB Plugin configuration screen. No version of plugin is shown - just the title UPB Plugin Configuration.

Shut down HS again. Did a quick search of the HS directory and found three hspi_UPB.dll in HS directories. (html\bin, HS root, and updates2 directory). The one in the bin directory is all upper case (odd to me). So I copied the newest hspi_UPB.dll in both the HS root and \html\bin directory and restarted HS.

Saw this in the boot up log. Odd. (cuz I am running HSPro beta 2.5.0.5?)

1/8/2011 10:37:16 AM - UPB - HomeSeer UPB Plug-in Version 2.5.0.5 Beta Starting Up.
              1/8/2011 10:37:16 AM - Plug-In - Initializing Plug-in: UPB
              1/8/2011 10:37:16 AM - UPB - This is a Beta build of the UPB plug-in. Beta testing is inherently risky because the code is not yet production quality.
              1/8/2011 10:37:16 AM - UPB - DO NOT use this code in a production environment where stability and reliability are important.
              1/8/2011 10:37:16 AM - UPB - This plug-in will expire and be non-functional after 3/30/2011
              1/8/2011 10:37:18 AM - UPB - Initializing UPB PIM on COM port 18
              Shut down HS again. This time rebooted PC. Now I'm at a point here where I spending time doing this and its not getting me anywhere. A bit frustrating.

Reboot PC/HS and watching the logs again seeing:

1/8/2011 10:37:16 AM - UPB - HomeSeer UPB Plug-in Version 2.5.0.5 Beta Starting Up.
              1/8/2011 10:37:16 AM - Plug-In - Initializing Plug-in: UPB
              1/8/2011 10:37:16 AM - UPB - This is a Beta build of the UPB plug-in. Beta testing is inherently risky because the code is not yet production quality.
              1/8/2011 10:37:16 AM - UPB - DO NOT use this code in a production environment where stability and reliability are important.
              1/8/2011 10:37:16 AM - UPB - This plug-in will expire and be non-functional after 3/30/2011
              1/8/2011 10:37:18 AM - UPB - Initializing UPB PIM on COM port 18
              and in the HS setup page see the hspi_upb.dll version 1.0.4.28938 with a status of -1. The top of the UPB plugin Configuration saids 2.5.0.5. I am guessing that this is correct and will leave it be for now.
              Last edited by Pete; January 8, 2011, 01:31 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

FWIW, my UPB plug-in (1.0.3.0) has listed Status=-1 in the plug-in status column for as long as I can recall. It seems to be working without problem, so I've been ignoring it.
                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Mine says the same thing, never really paid much attention to it. I wonder if that's why the UPB plug-in never showed up on the plug page and you always had to go to tools/setup/interface to get to the UPB options
                  Marty
                  ------

Comment

Yeah; mine is working fine - just the only way to tell is is looking at the version of the DLL.

BTW noticed that you can move around the links now to their own groups and they are sticky as per documentation. What about the individual UPB switches; I haven't tried but it would be nice to make those sticky too.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I noticed something odd last night. We had guests over and as part of the shutdown at the end of the evening, when I turn off the "guest mode" part of that routine is to shut down the holiday lighting. I get this UPB error in my log.

1/22/2011 12:14:04 AM UPB ** UPB Message transmission to device 'Unit ID 41' failed because there was no ACK from the destination device. The device may be off-line..

The weird thing is I have no unit 41. I do have a link 41 though, which is the holiday lighting shut down link. Since the holidays are over I've removed all the lighting and the modules that control them. I did that in upstart so there would be no problems.

My guess is that since I did not also remove that link 41 and the HomeSeer event triggered it but, it had no installed switches or modules to control since they are packed away with with holiday lights, that the plug-in had a small hiccup and mistook that link for a device and generated the error.

Is this possible?

I didn't expect the error since no installed devices i have will respond to that link at the moment. I did go into upstart and check that link and sure enough it shows that no installed switches are assigned to respond to that link, I'm left wondering why triggering a link to "activate" would effect anything at all?
                      Marty
                      ------

Comment

Oman:

I thought I'd better check on this. While the current beta is not perfect, it's better than the release version.

I see notices in my log that the beta will expire and no longer function at the end of this month. i just wanted to make sure this doesn't happen, even if you have to extend the beta to finish it up.
                        Marty
                        ------

Comment

Do you have any bugs to report with the beta? In an earlier post it was mentioned that links to nothing report warnings in the log. This is correct, as there is a warning if no devices respond to a link. Is there anything else?

Jon

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                          Oman:

I thought I'd better check on this. While the current beta is not perfect, it's better than the release version.

I see notices in my log that the beta will expire and no longer function at the end of this month. i just wanted to make sure this doesn't happen, even if you have to extend the beta to finish it up.
                          Jon Ort
                          JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

The only other one I had (and they could end up being the same thing) was the one I first reported to you and sent logs for. The one that generates this in the HS log, even though that link has nothing to do with that switch and that switch is in fact online and working just fine.

** UPB Message transmission to device 'Hallway/Stairway Stairway Light' failed because there was no ACK from the destination device. The device may be off-line.

I did not know that triggering links that have no associated devices in upstart could cause an issue. I use a couple of links that I turn to "activate" and "deactivate" with double taps at switches that do not control a device directly, I only use them for conditions in events.

Is this not something that should be done? It could certainly be the cause of weird UPB error messages I get from time to time.
                            Marty
                            ------

Comment

I just purchased the USB CIM from Simply Automated and saw messages regarding HomeSeer not working very well with USB versions. I then saw this area.

What's the final word on this? I need to know quickly if I must exchange the unit for the RS-232 version.

With the released version of the plugin, I am getting this:
                              I am getting error saying "Error: Error in InitIO: System.Exception: Can not find the UPB PIM. Please check your UPB configuration settings."

Does the beta address this issue?
                              Does the beta plugin properly support this device?

Comment

Working...
                              X