UPB Display V E R Y W I D E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPB Display V E R Y W I D E

I have had great success with adding to my UPB and the web layout has now gotten V E R Y W I D E.

See attached HS web page. Can this be changed to have better screen width controls with entries. The largest device now seems to have many wide controls... not all bad, but a format problem.

Did I configure this somehow and not realize these additional controls on the device?

RLOL Fades .... Blink
    Attached Files
    HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.258

Wow, you have a lamp all the way in China? I don't think my UPB is strong enough to get WAAAY over there!

:-)

Personally, I just created custom webpages until I got HSTouch. I think that's a much better way to "organize" than trying to add buttons and what-not.

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Turn off the option in the plug-in config that enables the extra buttons. It is off by default and when it is off the display isn't so wide.

Jon

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
      Wow, you have a lamp all the way in China? I don't think my UPB is strong enough to get WAAAY over there!

:-)

Personally, I just created custom webpages until I got HSTouch. I think that's a much better way to "organize" than trying to add buttons and what-not.

--Dan
      Jon Ort
      JonOrt@The--Orts.com
      (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

WIDE gone.... but I have some UPB ideas.

Thanks that certainly was it.... I would like to be able to add some web controls but the all or nothing is too great a change.

Great Plugin and getting even better. I like the location control you added.

I have a number of transmits from X10 that the HS X10 (ACT Plugin) sees without problems but the HS to X10 send to modules get lost (nothing new here ) .... but I have found that when I send HS to UPB devices, I am able to use the existing X10 transmitters with UPB as I convert over. This is a good X-10 and UPB device bridge for me as I buy and replace X10 over time. The UPB sends get through.

As I go further in UPB-

In the UPB world, along with HS, is the UPB sent status back to HS something that seems reliable?

What is the best way to get a HS trigger sent to a UPB device so it has most of the UPB controls? Are the script commands fast and full featured?

When used in web page - For example could I get a sequence in a script that would 1 turn ON 2 turn OFF 3 DIM to 40 4 DIM to 80
        as a single button press (web button) sequence from web page?

1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -repeat and start-over

ON
        OFF
        DIM (maybe a fixed step 60% ) just to have that feature
        BRIGHT (dim to 80% step possibly)

If I used this in a script does or will, HS sends a fast UPB string instead of having 4 individual events that need to be created? Would I need 4 defined events for this to work - for each UPB device

ON
        OFF
        DIM (maybe a fixed step 60% ) just to have that feature
        BRIGHT (dim to 80% step possibly)

I am thinking a new feature is getting UPB to respond better to a simple web page. The standard HS web page is huge and limited for what I want this for.
        but I know it has a lot of possible information on it.

Not having a large and sometimes slow HS web page - that is easy implimented and still controllable.

Remember Rover - I have tried the rover.asp but I need the ability to have 2 UPB devices with the same UPB control code i.e "(10" but able to assign each to a location / view. Having 2 devices each with the same UPB code each assigned a different location or view choices.

Because HS groups views by Location- (Interior, Outside, 1st Floor, Pool Area, and so on) Then that way I could make a specialized web view that has UPB and other HS devices that are for the special web page view. They are the most important devices to control? A limited special web page

I would like to have an Communications web page so I have Alarm, UPB Lighting and TEMP devices, email someone, easy in a view that is tight and compact, maybe a rover type asp page that is easy on a web page or tablet and just contains a minimum key Homeseer devices type view.

But then I still have my slower but full featured Interior HS view that as a jillion interior location devices listed on it and is big and slow but full featured.

How or could this multi-device of a single UPB device (code) be created in the plugin?

Thanks in advance. (might have to put this in it's own thread?)
        HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.258

Comment

Working...
        X