Firmware for HS-WD100+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macromark View Post
    Really? They didn't when we carried them here but that was probably 4 years ago, give or take. The Coopers definitely don't behave that way.
    To clarify, the LED at the bottom is off when the dimmer is on and vice-versa. The LEDs that indicate the dim level are always on.

The last ones I bought were from HS in March 2014.

Cheers
    Al

Off:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0671.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	1185122

On:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0672.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	1185123
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post
      Would it be that difficult for you guys to just add that feature in the firmware? How hard could it be to add a few lines of code in the firmware to say if the light is off, leave the bottom LED on?
      I can't promise you anything except we'll look into it next time we need to update the firmware.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        To clarify, the LED at the bottom is off when the dimmer is on and vice-versa. The LEDs that indicate the dim level are always on.
        Ah.. that's right; they're using two separate indicators. One displays dim level and the other displays on/off status. We just have one indicator, so ours is designed to show both the dim status and on/off status.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I loaded the firmware this morning on the one switch I mistakenly loaded with WS firmware and all is well now. I did just basic testing before heading to work. Looks like the defect setting the Timer value for local ramp rate is fixed too (stuck at 3 on 5.13 release), not noted in the readme. Now remote control of the switch ramps up and down at the same rate, whatever you configured. Happy camper here.

John

Comment

Is it possible to update the firmware for multiple devices at the same time? I have 17 of these dimmers and switches. If I have to spend 10 minutes on each, I'll be sitting here all weekend.

Comment

Is it possible to update the firmware for multiple devices at the same time? I have 17 of these dimmers and switches. If I have to spend 10 minutes on each, I'll be sitting here all weekend.
              Ita already been said that zwave bandwidth is limited and dont try it. Enjoy your weekend. Lol

PS. I would do it remotely from work on company time. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                Ita already been said that zwave bandwidth is limited and dont try it. Enjoy your weekend. Lol

PS. I would do it remotely from work on company time. Lol
                Lol, looks like that's what I'll have to do

Comment

Lol, looks like that's what I'll have to do
                  Updating remotely did not work for me.
                  RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                    Updating remotely did not work for me.
                    Im not sure why it wouldn't work. I did two of mine remotely but i also had the file on the HS machine local. Even remotely using the ui all the updating should run the same from either local or remote browser.

Comment

I would think doing it thru myhs might be an issue because of Internet, but if you setup a remote rdp and did t that way, I don't think you'd have issues

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                        I would think doing it thru myhs might be an issue because of Internet, but if you setup a remote rdp and did t that way, I don't think you'd have issues
                        If the file is on the HS server even with bad internet or slow connection once you press start everything happens locally anyway between the HS server and zwave network.

Comment

If the file is on the HS server even with bad internet or slow connection once you press start everything happens locally anyway between the HS server and zwave network.
                          When you update your first device, the firmware binary is copied from the computer your browser is on to the \Temp directory on your HomeSeer server. If you are doing it remotely, that file must initially be copied from your remote computer to the HomeSeer server.

Once the file has been copied to the sever, it all takes place locally. I had no problem doing it over my VPN, but I could see it might be a problem with MyHS or direct DDNS connections.
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                            When you update your first device, the firmware binary is copied from the computer your browser is on to the \Temp directory on your HomeSeer server. If you are doing it remotely, that file must initially be copied from your remote computer to the HomeSeer server.

Once the file has been copied to the sever, it all takes place locally. I had no problem doing it over my VPN, but I could see it might be a problem with MyHS or direct DDNS connections.
                            I did mine over DDNS but like I said I already had the download unzipped and saved on the windows homeseer sever desktop.

Comment

I did mine over DDNS but like I said I already had the download unzipped and saved on the windows homeseer sever desktop.
                              Yes, in that case the computer your browser was on was the HomeSeer server. You were probably using RDP, Team Viewer or some other remote desktop.

The problem that Wayne was referring to and what ServiceXP ran into is when you are strictly using a remote browser to do the update. Then the file starts out on the remote machine.
                              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                                Yes, in that case the computer your browser was on was the HomeSeer server. You were probably using RDP, Team Viewer or some other remote desktop.

The problem that Wayne was referring to is when you are strictly using a remote browser to do the update. Then the file starts out on the remote machine.
                                No I have my own website, ddns and port forwarding for the web ui. So i actually did it from my phone chome browser but yes RDP would be a great way to get the file on the sever if tour not home.

This all originally started because Jumper4000 didn't want to waste his weekend going threw and upgrading his 14 switxhes at 10 min each and rather we said do it during work. He could clearly now that hes at home put the file on the sever and have it setup for Monday to start an upgrade chain of 14 or so switches.

If your really not around the server at all then yes RDP would be a great way to do it all in one shot as if your local.

Comment

Working...
                                X