This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraLighting3 HSPI - Major Performance Increase

The UltraLighting3 HSPI original design used a UDP broadcast packet with an embedded target address within the packet so the LIFX LED bulb knew if the command was one it needed to respond to. Recent firmware updates on the LIFX LED bulbs now enabled direct communication to the bulb's IP address. I have just released UltraLighting3 HSPI version 3.0.6112.18549 which essentially adds a dedicated connection thread for each LIFX LED bulb. The result of this redesign is pretty amazing. As an example, I can create a HomeSeer event to set the color of all of my LIFX LED bulbs, adjust the brightness, then turn them on and they pretty much all respond at the exact same time

If you have tried this plug-in in the past, but were disappointed with the response time, please try this plug-in again. If you need to extend your trial, please create a HomeSeer helpdesk ticket and request a trial extension.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

I have tested with my bulbs and this is working much faster. In the past I have had issues with events only working on some bulbs so I will monitor to see if this is also corrected.

M
    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

All LIFX bulbs show offline

I came home this evening and noticed that my LIFX bulbs weren't acting right and started doing some digging. The LIFX app showed them all online, but Homeseer showed them all offline as of 11:20 AM. I checked the logs around that time, but didn't see anything. I just enabled debug logging and restarted the plugin and everything is working again. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior after upgrading to this new version. I'll keep an eye on things for the next day or so and see if the debug shows any useful information if it happens again.

Comment

Originally posted by slbuck View Post
        I came home this evening and noticed that my LIFX bulbs weren't acting right and started doing some digging. The LIFX app showed them all online, but Homeseer showed them all offline as of 11:20 AM. I checked the logs around that time, but didn't see anything. I just enabled debug logging and restarted the plugin and everything is working again. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior after upgrading to this new version. I'll keep an eye on things for the next day or so and see if the debug shows any useful information if it happens again.
        It's a bug. You can still operate the LIFX LED bulbs, but the HomeSeer device no longer reflects the proper on/off/dim status. I have it running in debug on my system so I can determine what's causing this.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
          It's a bug. You can still operate the LIFX LED bulbs, but the HomeSeer device no longer reflects the proper on/off/dim status. I have it running in debug on my system so I can determine what's causing this.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Have you heard about the new lights that lifx has released, the lifx+ and the lifx z (led strip)

Comment

Yes, I have both on order.

Comment

Are there release notes for the last 2 updates? Installed 3.0.6123.31745 today but not sure what has changed.

Thanks,

Michael
              Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
              BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

All bulbs offline

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                All my bulbs went offline this morning. I had the logging level set to debug. I've upgraded to the latest version so the plug-in restarted and all bulbs are online now. Let me know what logs I can send you so you can see what is causing all the bulbs to go offline, unless you've already fixed the issue in your 3.0.6126.18398 version.

Comment

My bulbs are showing offline again in homeseer running on 3.0.6126.18398. I have debugging enabled still, so let me know what logs you need.

I tried sending you a PM, but it says your storage is full. I have the debug log handy if you want me to send it. What's your email?

Comment

This has been an incredible challenge for me to figure out. At this point, I am not sure if it's a LIFX bulb issue or a coding issue. I am actively working on this issue. The lights can still be controlled, but the HomeSeer status is wrong. This is occurring because the bulbs stop responding to a status command. The current work-around is to restart the plug-in.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones

Comment

This has been an incredible challenge for me to figure out. At this point, I am not sure if it's a LIFX bulb issue or a coding issue. I am actively working on this issue. The lights can still be controlled, but the HomeSeer status is wrong. This is occurring because the bulbs stop responding to a status command. The current work-around is to restart the plug-in.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones
                      I've noticed that when using the lifx app on my phone, all the bulbs still show online. This seems to have started when the switch was made to utilize the new feature of the lifx api allowing direct communication to the IP of the bulb. I wonder if there's a bug in the lifx api. Have you tried sending a note to Daniel Hall over on the lifx developer forum? He's pretty good at responding.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have re-written the plug-in to use the UDPClient BeginReceive and EndReceive to see if that helps. It's available for testing now by simply downloading the latest update.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

I hate to be a pain, but mine are working great without the UDP. Any chance you can have either the UPD or the TCP be an option?

So it can use the code in 3.0.6126.18398 or the code in 3.0.6132.26687

Name: UltraLighting3
                          Version: 3.0.6126.18398

Michael

Comment

I couldn't find TCP/IP as an option in their API. I'll look into it.

Comment

Working...
                            X