• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pico Remote Counter Issue

Don,

Config Summary:
    S6 Pro with three Lutron Smart Bridges.
    Approximately 30 Caseta devices per bridge.
    Caseta Plug-in

I set up a simple counter to increment by 1 every time Button #1 of a 4 Button/3Scene Pico remote is pressed. The result I got was not what I thought would have happened. The counter incremented 2 or 3 times per single press of the button.

Please see attached jpg of the Event and the results. Please let me know what I am doing wrong, or if this is the results I should expect, and why.

Justin
    Attached Files

Don,

I should have added that the Pico remote was not linked to any device / switch / dimmer in the system.

Justin

Comment

Justin

I'm traveling this week I need to look at the trigger in the plugging to guide you the right way

Will get back to you this weekend with more details

Thanks

Comment

Pico Remote Counter Issue

Ryuvann,

Thanks for taking out the time to respond, and providing your concept for implementing double and triple tap. I totally agree that double Tap is one of the biggest things I miss about Insteon. The other one is the KPL's from Insteon, with LED status lights. Not sure how to implement that functionality, yet.....but that is for later.

As for the Pico issue......you got me thinking with your results...so I did a bit more testing.

I implemented another counter for a storage room light (I can play with that light from my office without irritating my wife), that has a 3 button Raise / Lower Pico remote (5 buttons total with favorite). The light switch is the standard Lutron Caseta 5A RF switch, with the MLC installed.

In the first run, I had the counter trigger entirely off of the switch turning ON or OFF. As opposed to triggering off status of the Pico. It all behaved exactly as expected...one button press, one increment of the counter by 1. I had two counters set up, StoRoom Counter ON and StoRoom Counter OFF. This all worked fine, the two counters would increment as expected.

In the second run, I had the counter trigger off of the Pico remote ON or OFF button. And I got the following results. See table below. It gave me the same results as before, the counter incremented 3 times for each press of the ON or OFF button on the Pico.

Another minor point, when programming the trigger for the counter in the event, I was only able to choose "custom value or value range" when triggering off of the Pico remote. And I always had to enter a range, ie for ON, the status range was from "2 to 2", for OFF, it was from "4 to 4". Not sure what is going on there, or why, or if that is a factor here........
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry guys I was traveling for business last week and now in vacation for two week not at home, I don't have access to the Pico but will try to come to a solution as soon I can.

Comment

I can look at having a timer to know if it is a twice push button and add it to the plugin

Comment

I'll work on it today

Comment

Please vote before I continue for the next version this will solve this issue and give you more option.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184639

Comment

If tomorrow afternoon I don't have too much no you will have and update tomorrow's

I'm also working to have the ability to integrate the double press in the plug in

Comment

Supporting Data for Counter Issue

DonMor,

Please see attached pdf file for the supporting data for the "counter issue". Not sure if this is exactly what you wanted. If not, please let me know in some detail and I will oblige.

Justin
                    Attached Files

Comment

Give a trial before I post it.

you will be able to do counter in the events and also with how long you press and release the pico.

I also had a repair button in the general, you will need to click on it, be award it will erase all the graphics and names in the Status Graphics but locations and names of the device and also the ref won't be affected.

use this link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p2sdqnzns...Hg4k4RIha?dl=0

Comment

Counter Issue

DonMor,

Never mind, I see the link now......couldn't see it before.

Justin

Comment

Justin

I post a Dropbox link I had issue to attach here

Comment

Caseta Update

DonMor,

I got the download to the S6 Pro, but how do I get the HS3 software to use the update? I dropped the new .exe file in the folder with the existing caseta HSPI plug in......????? My guess is that is not adequate......

Justin

Comment

I will post it in the updater for a few hours.

it is in the updater now

Comment

Working...
                              X