diff between the plugin and the amazon alexa homeseer skill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diff between the plugin and the amazon alexa homeseer skill

if i already have several amazon echoes distributed in every room in my house, can this plugin do anything more than the amazon alexa homeseer skill?
    Last edited by Ramymounir; February 18, 2017, 02:38 PM.

this plugin is used to emulate an echo using regular speakers and microphone.

Comment

Hi, I also am looking for clarification. So with this plugin, if I say "Homeseer, turn on living room light" homeseer will trigger the event, but if I say "Homeseer, what is the tallest building in the world" it will pass that on to alexa, and alexa will answer? and if that is the case, does the response come in Alexa's voice, or would the homeseer SAPI voice speak it?

Comment

Originally posted by jjohnston View Post
        Hi, I also am looking for clarification. So with this plugin, if I say "Homeseer, turn on living room light" homeseer will trigger the event, but if I say "Homeseer, what is the tallest building in the world" it will pass that on to alexa, and alexa will answer? and if that is the case, does the response come in Alexa's voice, or would the homeseer SAPI voice speak it?
        Everything is passed to Alexa (i.e amazon servers), and the response comes in Alexa's voice
        It lets you use Alexa without having an Echo.
        I designed it as a HomeSeer plugin but I could have made it a complete independent Windows app. The only direct interaction it has with Homeseer is the Event action to make Alexa start listening.

Comment

Hi Spud,
          I have your Alexa Plugin for Echo Dot, but would like to use it with HomeSeer instead Echo Dot.
          Do you have any documentation for setup?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            Hi Spud,
            I have your Alexa Plugin for Echo Dot, but would like to use it with HomeSeer instead Echo Dot.
            Do you have any documentation for setup?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
            the user guide is there: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/us...-in-user-guide

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

Everything is passed to Alexa (i.e amazon servers), and the response comes in Alexa's voice
              It lets you use Alexa without having an Echo.
              I designed it as a HomeSeer plugin but I could have made it a complete independent Windows app. The only direct interaction it has with Homeseer is the Event action to make Alexa start listening.
              Would it be correct then to say then that this plugin emulates an Echo device with all the bells and whistles? Does this mean that in order to control HS devices and events via voice control, the HST provided skills need to be available and in use?
              Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post

Would it be correct then to say then that this plugin emulates an Echo device with all the bells and whistles? Does this mean that in order to control HS devices and events via voice control, the HST provided skills need to be available and in use?
                correct

Comment

Working...
                X