Custom User Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom User Devices

I thought my database was corrupted so I deleted everything and am adding back the devices. However, I can't add the custom user devices back. It seems like the web page won't save any of the data and then under "users" it's not even there after adding. Did something change with add custom devices? I looked in the user guide and am doing everything as I had done before... thanks.

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
    I thought my database was corrupted so I deleted everything and am adding back the devices. However, I can't add the custom user devices back. It seems like the web page won't save any of the data and then under "users" it's not even there after adding. Did something change with add custom devices? I looked in the user guide and am doing everything as I had done before... thanks.
    What version of the PI are you running Jay?

If I remember correctly, custom user devices were done for you. I just tried it here and it works as expected. Devices are created and it is taking LAT, LON and ACC from external HS devices.

When you select -Custom- from the drop down on the Users/Devices page it is at that point the root HS device should be created and it should then take you to the edit page for that device. Is this not happening?

If you are getting to the edit page, go to the PHL tab and configure it as necessary and hit the save button.

Paul..

Comment

Custom User Devices

Originally posted by sooty View Post
      What version of the PI are you running Jay?

If I remember correctly, custom user devices were done for you. I just tried it here and it works as expected. Devices are created and it is taking LAT, LON and ACC from external HS devices.

When you select -Custom- from the drop down on the Users/Devices page it is at that point the root HS device should be created and it should then take you to the edit page for that device. Is this not happening?

If you are getting to the edit page, go to the PHL tab and configure it as necessary and hit the save button.

Paul..

Thanks Paul. I'm on the most current version .90. I'm taken to the page to edit the device but none of the edits are saved despite hitting the save button. The devices are created but when one goes back to the root device edit page anything one had put in there such as the config string is gone. Also, on the config settings of the plugin it's as if that user device does not exist as it is not listed.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
        Thanks Paul. I'm on the most current version .90. I'm taken to the page to edit the device but none of the edits are saved despite hitting the save button. The devices are created but when one goes back to the root device edit page anything one had put in there such as the config string is gone. Also, on the config settings of the plugin it's as if that user device does not exist as it is not listed.

Jay
        I can't reproduce it here Jay.
        I have added a custom user, all edits are saved and the device appears in the list on the Users/Devices page.

I'll ask a couple of folks to try it on their system.

What OS is your HS3 running on?

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
          I can't reproduce it here Jay.

I have added a custom user, all edits are saved and the device appears in the list on the Users/Devices page.

I'll ask a couple of folks to try it on their system.

What OS is your HS3 running on?

Paul..

Weird. I did a fresh install of the plugin by deleting all phlocation files in homeseer. I'm on windows 7 64 bit. I did notice however even when the custom device was working I couldn't edit the device root map parameters. They just wouldn't save any of the info. I've tried with different browsers as well, chrome and IE...

Comment

I tried everything and then started disabling other plugins to see if that would have an effect and sure enough when I disabled the "JsonConfigForHomekit" plugin I was able to save the info to the device and make it an active user. I'll contact the developer of that plugin. Thanks for the best homeseer plugin, invaluable to my system/obsession.

Jay

Comment

Working...
            X