New Garage Door Opener - GD00Z not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Garage Door Opener - GD00Z not working

My craftsman garage door was on its last legs so I replaced it with this one model 55918.

I can't seem to get my GD00Z to send the right signal to the garage door opener. Here's what I did:

1. disconnected the GD00Z and brought it next to my Z-NET
    2. Plugged it in and started the remove node process which completed successfully
    3. Hit the pair button on the GD00Z 5 times quickly to factory reset it, which I received the confirmation beep that it worked.
    4. Started the pairing process with HS3 and hit the pair button on the GD00Z. Paired successfully with the security schema that often is an issue. Worked fine.
    5. Went back to the garage and connected the GD00Z to the garage door opener.
    6. Opened and closed the garage door from the wall controller
    7. Tried to open from HS3 - here's what happens:
    - The GD00Z gets the command from HS3 and flashes the strobe light and beeps.
    - "Some" command is sent to the garage door as I can see the up LED arrow on the garage door flash and hear a click from the garage door
    - Door doesn't open or close

It seems like the GD00Z needs to be programmed to send the right command to the garage door to control it.

Also worth noting, the original craftsman wall controller panel didn't work with the new garage door. I had to use the new wall controller that came with it. The symptoms were identical with the old wall controller. I'd hear a click and see the arrow flash - but nothing.

Any ideas? Appreciate the help.

The GD00Z only provides a contact closure. This used to be all that was required to activate most doors. However in the past couple years it seems that the manufacturers are adding more security, and now send an encoded message to operate.

What some folks have done is modify the wall controller, adding wires across the actual button and connect the GD00Z to that.

Comment

Thanks I was afraid of that.
      I saw posts where people soldered into a spare wireless transmitter which I didn't want to do. Didn't even think of tying into the controller on the wall. In my model controller there are 4 pins on the switch. The pins to solder in to are the top left and bottom right. It seem to be working now. Now need to run the wires and mount it back up. At least it's tested and works. Thanks for your advise.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X