Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Arris telephony modem just provides dial tone and an Internet connection. You have to use a separate modem connected to your HomeSeer system that supports caller Id.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks. What would be your recommendation. Right now I get my phone access from comcast as part of their "triple play". Is there anyway to "add on" to what I already have?

Comment

The last modem I tested was the Zoom 3095-00-00G. It is plug and play on Windows 7 (no 3rd party drivers required), worked great and is available from Amazon and Best Buy (Model: 3095 SKU: 4720305).

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Sorry for my ignorance, but do you know if that modem would be compatible with my current phone service? Would it replace my current telephony modem? Would there be any reatrictions or repercussions from comcast? Thanks.

Comment

Ok, I got the Zoom modem that you mentioned above. However, in putty I am only getting ring, ring. No caller Id information when I call from my phone. Any suggestions? I tried AT+VCID=1 and AT+VCID=2...

Comment

Shoot. Figured it out. I have to get a phone splitter as only one of the lines going from my Arris works. Looks like it is working great.

Comment

Modems with support for CID in Europe

Hello!

In HS2 I had the Meteor (which is not a modem) but it worked fine. In HS3 not being able to use the meteor anymore what is the suggestion? Any advice for make and model modem that supports CID in Europe?

Right now I'm using windows 10 and HS3 Pro

Thanks

Comment

I have started to use NoMoreRobo to defeat robot/nuisance calls. It uses call simultaneous call forwarding so an incoming call rings the house and nomorerobo at the same time. If the number is in their database the call gets dropped after 1 ring at the house. However, UltraCID has already seen the call and regurgitates the last valid caller name. If Ultracid would do a date time compare and just be mute if the entry was stale that would work. Also, I found this in an old post "I just added an UltraCID running HomeSeer trigger. It supports "Any" or Ring 1-5." and that might work but I don't see a way to add it, perhaps it's a keyword to be added to the config file?
                  -Rick

Comment

Working...
                  X