Can HS "see" what state Harmony is in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can HS "see" what state Harmony is in?

I am looking to use this on my Raspberry Pi 3, but I don't want to use it to control my Harmony Hub devices, I am looking to use it the other way around. For example, when Harmony Hub tells my TV to turn on, I want to have Homeseer see that event and then adjust the room lighting accordingly. Conversely, when the TV is turned off, make sure the lights come on if it's after dark, etc.

Is this something that is even possible with this plug-in? I took a quick look for myself and I couldn't figure it if it was.

Thanks,
    Jim

Originally posted by JimFoster View Post
    I am looking to use this on my Raspberry Pi 3, but I don't want to use it to control my Harmony Hub devices, I am looking to use it the other way around. For example, when Harmony Hub tells my TV to turn on, I want to have Homeseer see that event and then adjust the room lighting accordingly. Conversely, when the TV is turned off, make sure the lights come on if it's after dark, etc.

Is this something that is even possible with this plug-in? I took a quick look for myself and I couldn't figure it if it was.

Thanks,
    Jim
    HomeSeer can "see" activities, not devices. So you can trigger events on an activity such as "watch TV", but you cannot trigger on the TV or any other device being turned on.

I use activity triggers to control lighting, power and other things.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

As Randy said, it can monitor the active activity, but not specific devices. Normally when you use the hub though, you don't use it to turn on individual decices outside an activity.

There is a 30 day trial so you could always try it first. I believe it will do what you want.

In addition, this plug-in not only tracks when an activity changes or the hub turns off, but also the progress of the change. For instance you can see when an activity is starting to turn on devices and when it has finished turning them all on (it does this for power off as well). I find this useful because I can turn on the lights immediately after starting the activity while the hub is still turning on devices. On the other side, I wait until the power off sequence is complete before turning off lights.

I have special triggers for the above cases.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

OK, feeling a bit stupid here. I failed to notice that there are two Harmony Hub plug-ins, and I am not posting to the one I have installed.

Now that I have installed this one... I now see devices and events. Cool!

Thanks all...

Comment

Working...
        X