Recommendation for software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendation for software

I have a client that needs to move away from using Smartlink with his X10 system because he says it is not flexible enough.

I deal in more wired environments using AMX and Crestron so I really don't know how to advise this client on the best software for his X10 system and I was hoping to get an unbaised recommendation but being that I'm on the HomeSeer site, that might be impossible but I figured it was worth a try.

In my general search, I see a lot of people recommending HomeSeer, ActiveHome, and some others.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

JoeyBadaBing

HS is the best

Six years ago I got into Home Automation, I picked up a starter kit, Active Home. It performed well and I really had no complaints. I started doing some research into other software applications.
    I tried just about every HA software on the market, but without doubt Home Seer is the best. This forum is just incredible for the support they provide, and the diverse applications that can be applied to the software. Don't take my word for it, look at the Active Home Pro BB to see just how many problems they have with their new software.
    Home Seer is as they say just as great as your imagination. Check out the plugins and the support they get. Check out the incredible applications that everyone thinks up. The only problems i have had, and I am a fairly new user, are problems I have greated myself. You don't have to be a computer wizard to use this program.
    Mike

Comment

JoeyBadaBing,
      Your right about not getting a non biased recommendation here. If you spend just a bit of time here you'll soon discover very few negative posts and many positive posts. If your client needs a software package that is nearly limitless and a support group numbering in the thousands then HomeSeer is the software for them.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

All ... thanks very much for the info ... so basically if I stick my neck out and put my business reputation on the line by recommending HomeSeer, I'll gain respect from this new client and not create an enemy, right?

Is there any consulting that I can do for this client to make my time investigating a good software product, worth the time I spent and give the recommendation a little value added spin?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyBadaBing
          All ... thanks very much for the info ... so basically if I stick my neck out and put my business reputation on the line by recommending HomeSeer, I'll gain respect from this new client and not create an enemy, right?

Is there any consulting that I can do for this client to make my time investigating a good software product, worth the time I spent and give the recommendation a little value added spin?
          I haven't been in Homeseer long enough to answer all of those questions and I'm not familiar with Smartlink, but if flexibility is an issue I doubt very much that he would be impressed at all with Activehome.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
            JoeyBadaBing,
            a support group numbering in the thousands
            I think the fact that we have a support group says quite a bit, no?

Joey,
            For a way to add some value for you is why not offer to get it up and running for your client? You could get whatever extra hardware he may need and resell it and/or integrate it into their current system. Also offer some paid support once it is up and running.

Comment

software AND hardware

In my opinion, HomeSeer along with a ADI Ocelot controller leaves nothing but your imagination for whatever you wish to do in the home automation arena.

http://www.automatedoutlet.com/manuf...nufacturerid=6

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyBadaBing

JoeyBadaBing - this might help you a bit: http://www.homeseer.com/products/sof...comparison.htm

Of course, I make no pretense about being unbiased...

-Mark Colegrove
                HomeSeer Technologies
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                X