X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypadlinc affecting ramp to dim in Insteon Group

well this is a new one...

Please post your insteon.ini when you have one of the KPLs registered that is causing this behavior. Also identify the KPL you just added and one of the groups that is having an issue.

also, what version of the plugin are you using?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Version is 1.5.6.0

Here are the before and after on the ini files

http://db.tt/CPveU0ck

http://db.tt/TBYoLjwD

I named the unit keypadlinc and its in house... There are only two insteon groups and they are both affected when the keypadlinc is added.

I have rdp on the server and can give you a public address if you would like to log in to it.

Thanks,
      Chris

Comment

Chris,
        this might actually be a bug with the setup of the controllinc. when did you add that device?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

It's probably been in the system for about 3 weeks. It did some funky stuff when I added it but I was able to get it to work and it's been working fine. I'm not opposed to removing it and adding the keypadlinc to see if that resolves the issue.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Couture View Post
            It's probably been in the system for about 3 weeks. It did some funky stuff when I added it but I was able to get it to work and it's been working fine. I'm not opposed to removing it and adding the keypadlinc to see if that resolves the issue.

Chris
            yah, would you mind unregistering it and then click the 'display interface links' on the config page and confirm there are no more links to the controllinc. you will also need to delete any links in other devices linked to the controllinc just to make sure.

then register your kpl and test your group. my guess is it will work fine.

i can post a build that should fix the controllinc issue, but we need to test this first.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I removed the controllinc and added the keypadlinc back to the system and checked the events that control the group and they seem to work now. I'm at work but from what I can see on my cameras, the lights are turning off and on when I trigger events that were not working.

So, does that mean that the controllinc isn't compatible?

Comment

I removed the controllinc and added the keypadlinc back to the system and checked the events that control the group and they seem to work now. I'm at work but from what I can see on my cameras, the lights are turning off and on when I trigger events that were not working.

So, does that mean that the controllinc isn't compatible?
                no, i need to make a change in the plugin regarding the controllinc. I'll post something to this thread in a few hours
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Chris,
                  please give this a try, and post your results.

install the attached build. then register you controllinc and retest your group as necessary

please post the controllinc device section from the insteon.ini. i would like to see the registration info
                  Attached Files
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I didn't realize you had posted the new file.

I replaced the dll with the the new one and added the controllinc. Everything seems to be working...

[Device 87]
                    DeviceID=05.1D.AF
                    DeviceName=Controllinc Master Bedroom
                    DeviceLocation=Master Bedroom
                    DeviceType=0004
                    FirmwareVer=23
                    DatabaseDelta=43
                    LinksDownloaded=1
                    PollingInterval=0
                    Protocol=1
                    EEValues=
                    RecentDatabaseDelta=43
                    NumLinks=8
                    Link 1=E2 01 19 55 BB 01 00 00 1
                    Link 2=E2 02 03 47 8F 02 00 00 2
                    Link 3=E2 05 05 E2 CD 05 00 00 3
                    Link 4=E2 01 18 D2 C1 FF 1F 01 4
                    Link 5=E2 02 18 D2 C1 FF 1F 02 5
                    Link 6=E2 03 18 D2 C1 FF 1F 03 6
                    Link 7=E2 04 18 D2 C1 FF 1F 04 7
                    Link 8=E2 05 18 D2 C1 FF 1F 05 8
                    ChannelName1=
                    ChannelName2=
                    ChannelName3=
                    ChannelName4=
                    ChannelName5=
                    SyncLinkedDevices=0

Thanks for the quick response and fix!!!

Chris

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I didn't realize you had posted the new file.

I replaced the dll with the the new one and added the controllinc. Everything seems to be working...

[Device 87]
                      DeviceID=05.1D.AF
                      DeviceName=Controllinc Master Bedroom
                      DeviceLocation=Master Bedroom
                      DeviceType=0004
                      FirmwareVer=23
                      DatabaseDelta=43
                      LinksDownloaded=1
                      PollingInterval=0
                      Protocol=1
                      EEValues=
                      RecentDatabaseDelta=43
                      NumLinks=8
                      Link 1=E2 01 19 55 BB 01 00 00 1
                      Link 2=E2 02 03 47 8F 02 00 00 2
                      Link 3=E2 05 05 E2 CD 05 00 00 3
                      Link 4=E2 01 18 D2 C1 FF 1F 01 4
                      Link 5=E2 02 18 D2 C1 FF 1F 02 5
                      Link 6=E2 03 18 D2 C1 FF 1F 03 6
                      Link 7=E2 04 18 D2 C1 FF 1F 04 7
                      Link 8=E2 05 18 D2 C1 FF 1F 05 8
                      ChannelName1=
                      ChannelName2=
                      ChannelName3=
                      ChannelName4=
                      ChannelName5=
                      SyncLinkedDevices=0

Thanks for the quick response and fix!!!

Chris
                      Chris,

thanks for the feedback. glad its working. Please use the subscribe feature to get email notifications when someone responds to your threads.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                      X