USB/Ethernet Gateway controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB/Ethernet Gateway controller

I'm fortunate enough to work in a job where we get to test a lot of new products - lots of fun. This came across my group a couple of weeks ago. A company has an ethernet (wired and wireless) gateway with a USB port with an Aeon Labs Z-Stick Lite sticking out. They also sent a big box of zwave devices - yale lock, thermostat, motion, temperature, door/window, camera, etc. Whats interesting is that this company is targeting businesses for automation. Our company would be reselling.

The gateway really caught my eye. You just plug it into your network or connect it wirelessly and the Z-Stick connects with the on-board USB. No Serial connection. This seems to be a better approach as it appears that the serial stack has been removed - replaced with Ethernet->Gateway->ZStick.

I'm in the process of automating my office with this stuff

Here are some pics:
    Attached Files
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

That looks pretty cool, what is the reliability of it like.

I have a few USB Servers and to be honest i moved away from them. I found that they were far to often not connecting devices correctly, and as such i felt it was not reliable enough for my setup.
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Their software seems to be very agnostic about disconnecting and reconnecting both the ZStick and the network connection. So far, all of the devices are within 2 rooms of our building. I'm putting temperature sensors in the far reaches of our building to test the ZWave range. Cool stuff!
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

This looks really cool, Id love to find out more about out, costs/availability etc.. Would be good for installs where the HS server is out of reach of the z-wave devices.

Comment

Working...
        X