HS3 Vista Alarm plugin v3.0.0.10 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RBergquist View Post
    Converting my Vista scripts from HS2 to HS3. Installed Vista Plugin. Device Setup and Alarm triggering are working for me.

I was converting a script from HS2 that triggers on a Device Value change of the Partition Status device (Device type: Vista Alarm Partition). Under HS3 with the new Vista PI, the script has never triggered even though the device value was changed by the Vista plug in. Not sure why this is. I would have expected it to function in the same manner HS2 does.

I moved on to use the Vista Alarm Custom Triggers type of "Vista Alarm Partition 1 becomes" and was able to trigger my script and all is working.

Note: a "Nice to Have" would be to have a value of "* Armed *" similar to the existing " * Disarmed *" to avoid adding a bunch of "OR IF" for each type of arming.
    In my code i have it set to 'not' trigger when changing the partition value. I think i was trying to mimic logic from hs2 but clearly its different. I'll fix this for the next version.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      In my code i have it set to 'not' trigger when changing the partition value. I think i was trying to mimic logic from hs2 but clearly its different. I'll fix this for the next version.
      i posted 3.0.0.10 this morning to fix this
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

3.0.0.10 Partition change device triggering is working for me.

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        I further explored this based on your explanation and in HS2, the Partition Device was not triggering the event. I now remember struggling with this in HS2 and then triggering on system status change and checking the partition status within my script.

I like the new HS3 functionality of triggering on the Partition change.

Thanks for the update.

Comment

Vista Plugin

I have it installed, but have some questions. What is a partition?

I set up my zones, but do not know how to test it. The virtual keypad work great.

Comment

Originally posted by billbingaman View Post
            I have it installed, but have some questions. What is a partition?

I set up my zones, but do not know how to test it. The virtual keypad work great.
            a partition is a logical collection of zones that protects part of the space. You probably only have 1 partition

what vista model do you have?

you need to create 1 partition in plugin and assign the address used in your panel? for vista 15se or vista 20se, its probably address 31, for most other panels its probably addr 16
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I had bought this plug in HS2 and upgraded to hs3 and upgraded the plugin too, but please help in setup.

i have vista 20se

when i configured plugin as vista 10, w.ith partition adress 16,
              it shows last panel message accurately, i created my 8 zones, but they dont show any status

when i configure plugin to vista 20, with partition adress 16 or 31, even last panel message does notupdate.
              zones dont work at all

please help

Comment

with a 20se, select vista 20se and set the partition 1 address to 31 (its the only option for a 20se). you can't use the vista 20 selection.

also make sure to enter the user code on the main config page and the partition page. it needs to be in both places
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

in model it only lists
                  vista 10
                  vista 15
                  vista 20
                  vista 20 p
                  vista 30

no vista 20se

Comment

HS3 Vista Alarm plugin v3.0.0.10 Release

Right. Pick the 20 option and use address 31
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

no luck
                      here is what it shows

On

Vista Alarm Monitor Status Vista 1 Vista Alarm Control Today
                      9:00:44 PM

Unknown

Vista Alarm System Status Vista 2 Vista Alarm System
                      Unknown

Vista Alarm Last Panel Message Vista 3 Vista Alarm Status Today
                      8:53:11 PM
                      Off

Vista Alarm System Low Battery Vista 4 Vista Alarm Status
                      Off

Vista Alarm AC Power Loss Vista 5 Vista Alarm Status
                      Off

Vista Alarm Telco Failure Vista 6 Vista Alarm Status
                      Unknown
                      Vista Alarm Vista Alarm Partition 1 Status Vista P1 Vista Alarm Partition
                      Off
                      Vista Alarm Vista Alarm Partition 1 Chime Vista P1C Vista Alarm Chime

Comment

Originally posted by lazy_bums View Post
                        no luck
                        here is what it shows
                        ok. lets start from the beginning. you need to able to monitor and control the panel from hyperterminal or putty before attempting to use the plugin. see the following:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=136097

if this doesn't work, then there issue with the connection of the ad2usb or its internal configuration
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks, that did it

forgot to set 31 via putty.

that did it

Comment

Originally posted by lazy_bums View Post
                            Thanks, that did it

forgot to set 31 via putty.

that did it
                            excellent. glad its working
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

sorry to bother again

security system zones workin

but suddenly after that my zwave giving me trouble with errors like this

3/18/2014 2:02:24 AM ~!~Z-Wave Error~!~main controller: The interface appears to have been disconnected or is having a communication issue.
                              3/18/2014 2:07:56 AM ~!~Z-Wave Error~!~main controller: The interface appears to have been disconnected or is having a communication issue.

any known conflicts or settings to be adjusted??

Comment

no known conflicts

is your zwave interface on a serial usb port as well?

I'm wondering if the serial port class in .net 4.0 is unstable.

we were all using .net 2.0 with hs2 and everything was fine. but now with hs3 and .net 4.0 everyone's serial ports are going haywire.
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X