Hw platforms for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hw platforms for HS3

I am thinking of migrating my HS3 to a new PC platform to reduce footprint and power usage. I am considering this device https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074FPRX...D8Z8KLDM&psc=1 and wondered if anyone had experience of running HS3 on a similar setup and could confirm that it would operate ok and that the hard disc size would not be an issue.

Steve

I ran HS on a HP 260 G1 with a Celeron which benchmarks at a not dissimilar number to that of the unit you linked to (albeit with half the RAM and SSD space so SSD size wouldn't be an issue for HS), performance was what I'd describe as passable. It was considerably depend on what you intend to do with HS however as sometimes it would start to slow, I "upgraded" to an older PC and the increase in speed was noticeable.

I think it can be a bit of a false economy with respect to trying to save on power unless you run something that is drawing significantly more than this unit. Running HS on something that is ARM based like a Pi probably will have a greater speed saving albeit that comes with it's own limitations.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the input, really helpful

Steve

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      I ran HS on a HP 260 G1 with a Celeron which benchmarks at a not dissimilar number to that of the unit you linked to (albeit with half the RAM and SSD space so SSD size wouldn't be an issue for HS), performance was what I'd describe as passable. It was considerably depend on what you intend to do with HS however as sometimes it would start to slow, I "upgraded" to an older PC and the increase in speed was noticeable.

I think it can be a bit of a false economy with respect to trying to save on power unless you run something that is drawing significantly more than this unit. Running HS on something that is ARM based like a Pi probably will have a greater speed saving albeit that comes with it's own limitations.

Comment

Working...
      X