www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Security Systems Plug-ins > Security System Discussion > HAI/OMNI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr)

HAI/OMNI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr) Discussion about Rob Mason's HAI/OMNI Panel Plug-in

Old April 13th, 2018, 08:48 PM
Seer

Dimming Non-functional

First let me say great job on this plugin. I've been following its progress over the last couple of years and now with the slow painful death of HaikuHelper, I've decided its time to move on. (and actually come back to HomeSeer)

I got everything up and running in a couple of days so I started setting up Alexa integration and found that dimming commands weren't working. After investigating a bit, I found that the voice command is working (the requested light shows 50% for example) but the plugin isn't actually dimming the light. System is as follows:

OmniPro II
Leviton VRC0P via serial connection
Leviton Vizia RF+ Switches (Some 1st gen, some 2nd gen)
HomeSeer Standard 3.0.0.425
Omni Plugin 3.0.2.8

Basic ON/OFF works. Nothing logged in Debug mode. Dimming via phone apps (SnapLink, Haiku) works.

Thanks,

Pete
Old April 14th, 2018, 08:11 AM
Seer Deluxe

It's a known bug that popped up in the last few updates. Rob is working diligently on ironing it out. See the 3.0.2.8 thread for updates.
Old April 14th, 2018, 11:15 AM
OverSeer

Welcome to the Homeseer forum Pete.

Here have a

1 - XTB-IIR+ Super Power X10 Repeater which is a dual phased TW-523 (on steroids)
2 - HAI UPB PIM
3 - Leviton VRCOP (ZWave)
4 - Leviton HAI ZIM (Zigbee)

Connected to the OmniPro 2 panel. My light switches are all UPB and use ZWave, Zigbee and X10 lamp / appliance modules for a variety.

I can test X10 and UPB virtually as I have multiple controllers that see the X10 and UPB traffic. I have the ZWave network replicated here to Homeseer, Smartthings and HAI but cannot see status of the ZWave devices from one network controller to another (same with Zigbee).

Here is a pictorial of a the Omni Plugin command to the OmniPro 2 panel ZWave unit via the Omni Plugin for Rob to see.

Tested here without looking at the lamp illuminated so cannot tell if it is working.

Name:  omnivrcop2.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  48.3 KB

Automator

HS3 Pro & Lite Edition Beta 3.0.0.435

HS3 Wintel Touch | Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit | Oracle Windows Virtual Box ==> for Wintel only SAPI and HS3 plugins | Speech - Microsoft SAPI - Neospeech - Amazon Echo | Hardware | Haswell Intel iSeries 3 - 16Gb | Pine64 - 2Gb computers | Openpeak Intel Atom SoC tabletop touchscreens (15 HS tabletop tablets) | Touchscreens - Windows embedded POE connected |Light switches - X10,UPB, ZWave and Zigbee | Firewall - PFSense - 2 WAN plus 4 LAN interfaces | Network - Gb managed switches / POE WAP(s) | CCTV - Zoneminder IPHD cams - variety | Audio - Russound - AB8SS | Security - Leviton HAI Omni Pro 2 | Weather - Davis Vantage Vue - MeteoStick - WeeWx | 1-Wire - AAG, Midon and HB | OWFS - Mosquitto - Node Red - Python - RPi Stretch - OpenWRT
Old April 15th, 2018, 07:16 AM
Seer

Thanks for the replies. I'll keep an eye out for updates.
Old May 25th, 2018, 02:22 AM
Viewer

There have been a couple of updates but I still cant get dimming to work, the first version i installed was 3.0.2.8 which was affected by a dimming bug, I've updated to 3.0.2.11 which other users have said worked for them but didn't for me, perhaps because i upgraded from 3.0.2.8 and had not upgraded from a previous version that had worked in the past..?...
I'm using Levitons UPB lighting with the Leviton UPB Pim, i can turn on and off but not dim. After doing the update i disabled and enabled the light (which is a pain since it then looses its renaming), but had no effect.

Are my settings correct in screen shot attached?
3.0.2.12 has not populated for online yet but i'm not sure if dev did any changes to the UPB dimming in this update.
Attached Images

Old May 25th, 2018, 08:07 AM
Seer

I went from .8 to .11 and once I disabled and re-enabled the device and dimming starting working. Mine are HLC. Are you using HLC or regular UPB?
Old May 25th, 2018, 03:00 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmp3s View Post
There have been a couple of updates but I still cant get dimming to work, the first version i installed was 3.0.2.8 which was affected by a dimming bug, I've updated to 3.0.2.11 which other users have said worked for them but didn't for me, perhaps because i upgraded from 3.0.2.8 and had not upgraded from a previous version that had worked in the past..?...
I'm using Levitons UPB lighting with the Leviton UPB Pim, i can turn on and off but not dim. After doing the update i disabled and enabled the light (which is a pain since it then looses its renaming), but had no effect.

Are my settings correct in screen shot attached?
3.0.2.12 has not populated for online yet but i'm not sure if dev did any changes to the UPB dimming in this update.
Give 3.0.2.12 a try for me.
Like Barry said, try removing and re-adding a device to see if that helps too.

I've had many UPB users say their dimming is working now, so we'll need to dig further if you still have issues.

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspbian)
64 Z-Wave Nodes, 162 Events, 293 Devices
UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler