www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Security Systems Plug-ins > Security System Discussion > HAI/OMNI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr)

HAI/OMNI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr) Discussion about Rob Mason's HAI/OMNI Panel Plug-in

Closed Thread

Old May 20th, 2018, 09:48 AM
Seer Deluxe

Wired in modules don't work

Hate to throw another bug into the mix but the dimming scheme you're using won't work on "wired in" on/off modules. I can control them from the HS on/off buttons but not by an Omni Plugin event. The devices I'm using are akin to the old X10 "Fixture" modules; sans dimming. These UPB modules wire in the panel or behind an electrical socket, or inside a device itself. They do NOT dim, they are strictly on or off.

Sample module http://www.pcslighting.com/pulseworx...odules/fmd1-20

This also makes me wonder about the in wall on/off Decora switches, outlets and appliance modules too.

Last edited by avpman; May 20th, 2018 at 10:12 AM.
Old May 20th, 2018, 04:09 PM
Seer Deluxe

Rob,

Do you know if the reconnection issues in 3.0.2.8 are fixed in .11?

M
Old May 21st, 2018, 08:52 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by avpman View Post
Hate to throw another bug into the mix but the dimming scheme you're using won't work on "wired in" on/off modules. I can control them from the HS on/off buttons but not by an Omni Plugin event. The devices I'm using are akin to the old X10 "Fixture" modules; sans dimming. These UPB modules wire in the panel or behind an electrical socket, or inside a device itself. They do NOT dim, they are strictly on or off.

Sample module http://www.pcslighting.com/pulseworx...odules/fmd1-20

This also makes me wonder about the in wall on/off Decora switches, outlets and appliance modules too.

Can you send me your logs where you tried to control them? In that log, I return the unit type which will help me narrow it down.

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspbian)
64 Z-Wave Nodes, 162 Events, 293 Devices
UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler
Old May 21st, 2018, 08:53 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madas View Post
Rob,

Do you know if the reconnection issues in 3.0.2.8 are fixed in .11?

M
No connection changes were made.
In my setup, I had to put a 10/100 dumb 'hub' between my panel and router (Unifi USG). Do you have your panel connected to a 10/100 switch or gigabit?
Old May 21st, 2018, 08:55 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchotz View Post
This time, I read FIRST and then followed advice! Thanks, Rob! All of my UPB devices, including fans & flour lites, are working again. I'm still not able to read zones from my EE. I think you attempted it in .07 or .08 and then the units debacle happened. Any chance you can work on this soon? What might I give you from my system that could help?
Zones should be working for EE. No changes were made to that code.
Send me your logs from a plugin startup. That will show me the zones that were attempted to load.
Old May 21st, 2018, 03:53 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmasonjr View Post
No connection changes were made.
In my setup, I had to put a 10/100 dumb 'hub' between my panel and router (Unifi USG). Do you have your panel connected to a 10/100 switch or gigabit?
Its connected at 100MB. My disconnections are due to my HS server running in a virtual environment and the whole server pauses for a few seconds during the backup.
Old May 21st, 2018, 04:38 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Its connected at 100MB. My disconnections are due to my HS server running in a virtual environment and the whole server pauses for a few seconds during the backup.
bleh...

The whole connection routine really needs to be re-tooled to be more fault-tolerant. It's one of those things that I wish I had known how to do early on in the project. I'll have to play around with it to see. Can you send me the logs around the time a disconnect happened?
Old May 22nd, 2018, 09:01 AM
Seer

Quote:
100 BaseT may be your issue as well, the Omni network port is only 10 BaseT.
Old May 22nd, 2018, 05:15 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchotz View Post
This time, I read FIRST and then followed advice! Thanks, Rob! All of my UPB devices, including fans & flour lites, are working again. I'm still not able to read zones from my EE. I think you attempted it in .07 or .08 and then the units debacle happened. Any chance you can work on this soon? What might I give you from my system that could help?
There are a couple of things to check:
First, make sure the checkbox is selected on the main screen in the OMNI plugin.
Next, all zones must be named via console or PC Access in order to be picked up by the plugin.

I checked the plugin code and when you use EE1, the zones are in 49-64. Are you running 1 EE or more?
Old May 24th, 2018, 02:23 PM
OverSeer

New version posted
https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=195907
Closed Thread