This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remote access troubleshooting - Solved!

*SOLVED* To keep this short, I cannot find a forum with an answer that has worked for me and am hoping i can get pushed in the right direction.

I can connect to my homeseer server via port 84 LOCALLY and hstouch designer locally via port 10200. What I cannot do is get either port to work externally (ie. external ip address or ddns host). I have already opened both udp/tcp ports 84/10200 on my router and they are directed to my homeseer server at local ip 192.168.1.137 (already set to static).

When I try to access either port, whether on my hstouch device or through the website it will not connect. I have hstouch left at default on port 10200 and homeseer on port 84. I have also run port tests externally that say these ports are open. And I have disabled the computers firewall to be sure and there is no antivirus program installed.

Does anyone know somethings i can try, or what could be causing this. I'm 72 hours into this problem and I've run out of momentum.
    Last edited by pacollier; June 3, 2012, 10:29 PM. Reason: issue resolved

well....looks like 72 hrs later all I needed to do was do a soft reboot of my router. go figure. but thanks pete for bringing up the hardware idea.

Comment

Working...
    X