Logout not working locally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logout not working locally

hs3 3.0.0.81 keeps redirectly me back the same page as the same user which is now guest.

how do I force hs3 to request a login
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Under Tools/Setup/Network deselect the box "No Password Required for Local Login". Then you should be able to login with your admin username and password. Make sure you know both before you check the box, because you will need them as soon as you do.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

how do I recreate the "admin + local" acct

the UI keeps reverting the admin only

I guess I don't want local login after all
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

On that same network page. Setup the users. passwords and user rights.

From the help file: "Manage users of the system. Users listed here can access the web interface as well as HSTouch. For HSTouch set the user as "Normal". The admin user has full access to the system, including event creation and device control. If a user is set to "Local", that user is used when accessing the system from the local network and the "No Password Required for Local Login" setting is enabled."

You can set up Guest, Normal and Admin accounts. Local can be added to any one of these. The account that has "+ local" will be the one that logs in when logging in from your local network. Most of us create and the assigned default account are "Admin + Local". If you had Guest+Local access before and the "No Password Required for Local Login" was enabled, a local login would log you in as "Guest" with no password required. You can only have one "+ Local" account.
        Attached Files

Comment

Every time I try to set admin+local it reverts to admin only
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
            Every time I try to set admin+local it reverts to admin only
            Is there "+ local" assigned to "Guest" or " Normal"? If so you need to change that account to just "Guest" or "Normal", then you can assign "Admin" to be "Admin + Local". As I stated above the "+ Local" can only be assigned to one account.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              Is there "+ local" assigned to "Guest" or " Normal"? If so you need to change that account to just "Guest" or "Normal", then you can assign "Admin" to be "Admin + Local". As I stated above the "+ Local" can only be assigned to one account.
              I don't have +local assigned to any account and hs3 won't let me, it keeps removing the +local option

I have the "No Password Required for Local Login" unchecked otherwise it logs me as guest and then I don't have admin perms
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                As I stated above the "+ Local" can only be assigned to one account.
                Hi Randy,

I have two accounts that are Admin+Local, so maybe you can have multiple "+ Local" accounts if they are the same access level. The local login uses the first one by default.

Cheers
                Al

EDIT: I toggled one of my Admin+Local to Admin and then tried to go back again, but it will now only allow one +Local account. Adding multiple may have been a bug in an earlier version of HS3 that's now resolved.
                Last edited by sparkman; April 30, 2014, 07:21 AM.
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                  Hi Randy,

i have two accounts that are Admin+Local, so maybe you can have multiple "+ Local" accounts if they are the same access level. The local login uses the first one by default.

Cheers
                  Al

EDIT: I toggled one of my Admin+Local to Admin and then tried to go back again, but it will now only allow one +Local account. Adding multiple may have been a bug in an earlier version of HS3 that's now resolved.
                  i can't even recreate one admin+local. what gives? is this a bug
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Try starting over by deleting your users.cfg file and restarting HS.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Looks like it may be a bug in .84 and potentially earlier version. See http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...35#post1118235 starting at post 56. Mark are you running .81 like your signature says or .84?

Cheers
                      Al
                      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                        Looks like it may be a bug in .84 and potentially earlier version. See http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...35#post1118235 starting at post 56. Mark are you running .81 like your signature says or .84?

Cheers
                        Al
                        Reported to bugzilla (1814)
                        Jon

Comment

HELP!!

I created a user for my wife and made her normal + local, and now I am locked out from accessing any administrative controls.

I've tried the following:

myhs.homeseer.com, logged in with my admin user, and when i get to the web interface, it still shows my wifes user at the top and will not allow me to make changes.

I go on my phone and turned off wifi so i was not on local network and did the same thing, and same results occurred. I tried logging out, and same bug keeps returning me to already logged in with my wifes user account (even though I am NOT on local network).

I got directly on the computer running hs3, and went to web interface, still has me logged in as my wife with no admin controls. This is an awful bug that allows unsuspecting users to lock themselves out of everything.

I tried calling homeseer support for the first time ever, and nobody answered.

I tried opening a support ticket, but none of my 3 logins were accepted to log in for creating a ticket. (what is the mess of logins I now have for anyway? one for the store, one for the forum, one for homeseer remote access, yet none of them are accepted).

Very frustrating. How do I get back into the setup screen so I can remove the + local on my wifes account??

Comment

Does : Tools -> Logout work for you? Then login as your admin user.
                            cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by smikkelsen View Post
                              HELP!!

I created a user for my wife and made her normal + local, and now I am locked out from accessing any administrative controls.

I've tried the following:

myhs.homeseer.com, logged in with my admin user, and when i get to the web interface, it still shows my wifes user at the top and will not allow me to make changes.

I go on my phone and turned off wifi so i was not on local network and did the same thing, and same results occurred. I tried logging out, and same bug keeps returning me to already logged in with my wifes user account (even though I am NOT on local network).

I got directly on the computer running hs3, and went to web interface, still has me logged in as my wife with no admin controls. This is an awful bug that allows unsuspecting users to lock themselves out of everything.

I tried calling homeseer support for the first time ever, and nobody answered.

I tried opening a support ticket, but none of my 3 logins were accepted to log in for creating a ticket. (what is the mess of logins I now have for anyway? one for the store, one for the forum, one for homeseer remote access, yet none of them are accepted).

Very frustrating. How do I get back into the setup screen so I can remove the + local on my wifes account??
                              The help desk requires a new login as it's a totally separate ticket. HST closes at 5 Eastern. See attached to log her out so you can log in again.
                              Attached Files
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                              X