X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bryant Evolution / Carrier Infinity Plugin

Discussion thread for Bryant Evolution / Carrier Infinity Plugin

Hi David,
    I just loaded your plugin, Thanks for the work on this.
    It created the devices, but does not seam to update them.
    All setpoints are at 0, and activity is away, and mode is OFF.
    I presume it has communication as the devices did get created, correct?
    I attached the log for you
    I am also missing the .png's for the Activity, Mode Status, and Thermostat Mode.
    Attached Files

Comment

I just updated the zip file in original post to include the .png files.

Looking at your log, I'm not seeing your thermostat send its status to the web server yet. Can you try manually changing the setpoint and capturing an advanced log again?

-David

Comment

OK David,
        I installed the html folder (drhsEvolution) into the HTML folder in HS3.
        The png's still dont appear.
        I changed the setpoint on heat up 1 degree, and no change. attached is the log.

Edit:
        I placed the drhsEvolution folder into the images folder, and now they appear.
        But still no update.
        Attached Files

Comment

The png files should be HomeSeer\html\images\drhsEvolution. Are you running on Windows or Linux?

Your thermostat is behaving a little differently to mine. Is the MyEvolution app running OK, or did it break after enabling proxying via the plugin? Can you look at Wi-Fi/Advanced/Wi-Fi diagnostics/server packet status and compare the last successful times against the entries in the log?

In your logs I'm seeing multiple POST /systems/2913W000961, which is your thermostat sending its settings (setpoints and schedules) to the web service. I'd only expect to see these sent when something changes.

I'm not seeing any POST /systems/2913W000961/status messages. My thermostat sends these whenever the room temperature, outside temperature, humidity, etc., changes.

Is your thermostat prompting you for any firmware upgrades?

-David

Comment

Originally posted by drule View Post
            The png files should be HomeSeer\html\images\drhsEvolution. Are you running on Windows or Linux?

Your thermostat is behaving a little differently to mine. Is the MyEvolution app running OK, or did it break after enabling proxying via the plugin? Can you look at Wi-Fi/Advanced/Wi-Fi diagnostics/server packet status and compare the last successful times against the entries in the log?

In your logs I'm seeing multiple POST /systems/2913W000961, which is your thermostat sending its settings (setpoints and schedules) to the web service. I'd only expect to see these sent when something changes.

I'm not seeing any POST /systems/2913W000961/status messages. My thermostat sends these whenever the room temperature, outside temperature, humidity, etc., changes.

Is your thermostat prompting you for any firmware upgrades?

-David
            David,
            The .png's are all OK now.
            The connection to the Bryant server is not connected, I think it broke when enabling proxying. I can still connect to the Bryant server with my PC, but the Thermostat has not connected sense 1:30PM, and the status says not connected. I am using Windows 7. The thermostat says the firmware is upto date. (No message about an update)

Comment

Originally posted by KSO View Post
              David,
              The .png's are all OK now.
              The connection to the Bryant server is not connected, I think it broke when enabling proxying. I can still connect to the Bryant server with my PC, but the Thermostat has not connected sense 1:30PM, and the status says not connected.
              Can you disable the proxy, just to prove that is what broke it?

-David

Comment

Can you disable the proxy, just to prove that is what broke it?

-David
                I disabled the proxy, and now it is connected to the server.
                What next?

Edit:
                I disabled the plugin, and then enabled the proxy setting in the thermostat, and the connection dropped right away to the Bryant server, I then disabled the proxy setting, and the connection re-established.
                Could the proxy port be the problem? I have it set to 08081.
                Last edited by KSO; February 21, 2015, 07:04 PM.

Comment

I disabled the proxy, and now it is connected to the server.
                  What next?

Edit:
                  I disabled the plugin, and then enabled the proxy setting in the thermostat, and the connection dropped right away to the Bryant server, I then disabled the proxy setting, and the connection re-established.
                  Could the proxy port be the problem? I have it set to 08081.
                  Looking at the logs so far, I'm not seeing any responses from the server to the POST requests your thermostat is making. I'll add some extra debugging code around the problem area and PM you some more test builds to try.

-David

Comment

Looking at the logs so far, I'm not seeing any responses from the server to the POST requests your thermostat is making. I'll add some extra debugging code around the problem area and PM you some more test builds to try.

-David
                    Sounds Good. Thanks

Comment

Sounds Good. Thanks
                      While I tinker with the code, can you go to Plugins/Manage and enable developer mode? This will cause all your plugins to open up command windows. The thermostat plugin writes a lot of status info to its window, including any errors in may encounter.

Thanks
                      -David

Comment

While I tinker with the code, can you go to Plugins/Manage and enable developer mode? This will cause all your plugins to open up command windows. The thermostat plugin writes a lot of status info to its window, including any errors in may encounter.

Thanks
                        -David
                        Hi David,
                        I have been trying several attempts. Tried changing the proxy port number, no luck. made sure the HS3 server and the router has 8081 forwarded, no luck. the connection to bryant server disconnects as soon as I enable proxy server on the thermostat. I looked at the log with developer checked, and it keeps stating processing connection to the thermostat IP address, then GET /Alive?sn=2913W000961. Then a little over 2 min later, ProcessingClientStream: An Existing connectionwas forcibly closed by the remote host - GET /Alive?sn=2913W000961. And this continues about every 2 minutes.
                        I attached the recent startup log.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by KSO; February 22, 2015, 03:10 PM.

Comment

David,
                          I was thinking that the server settings for connection to Bryant may need to be changed if we are using a proxy server.
                          My server (Thermostat server setting) setting has a port setting of 80 to api.eng.bryant.com. should this be changed to 8081?

Edit:
                          Well I tried changing the server port to bryant to 8081, and that still disconnected me. Changed it back and I am connected to bryant again. Something about the proxy server settings.
                          Last edited by KSO; February 22, 2015, 09:33 AM.

Comment

David,
                            I was thinking that the server settings for connection to Bryant may need to be changed if we are using a proxy server.
                            My server (Thermostat server setting) setting has a port setting of 80 to api.eng.bryant.com. should this be changed to 8081?

Edit:
                            Well I tried changing the server port to bryant to 8081, and that still disconnected me. Changed it back and I am connected to bryant again. Something about the proxy server settings.
                            I think I found the problem. Now I just have to find the solution! ;-) Will take me a couple of days. Watch this space...

-David

Comment

I think I found the problem. Now I just have to find the solution! ;-) Will take me a couple of days. Watch this space...

-David
                              I will do that, Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X