No announcement yet.

Bryant Evolution / Carrier Infinity Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks..Attached is the file.. Hope this helps.

d

Originally posted by KSO View Post
    Go to your config folder and the drhsEvolution config file and change the enhanced logging from 0 to 1, you may need to change it back when you are finished logging as the slider sometimes does not update the config file.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by KSO View Post
      Go to your config folder and the drhsEvolution config file and change the enhanced logging from 0 to 1, you may need to change it back when you are finished logging as the slider sometimes does not update the config file.
      Thanks! That bug will be fixed in the next version.

Comment

Originally posted by dbmet View Post
        Thanks..Attached is the file.. Hope this helps.

d
        Got the log. Will go through this in the morning.

-David

Comment

Thanks..

Originally posted by drule View Post
          Got the log. Will go through this in the morning.

-David

Comment

Here is a quick interim release. There's no new functionality but there is a lot of additional info written to the log and also to the plugin's config page. There are some bug fixes too, including one that I think will help dbmet.

-David

HSPI_drhsEvolution.zip

Comment

Forgot to Ask what does the proxy only button do under the config?

Thanks for looking at this. I'll give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The update fixed the problem I was having. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

This update seems to have really stabilized the app, particularly the fix to the config page. Thanks!

If you're willing to field some more advanced applications of this, let me know and I'll forward you my logs.

In particular, I'll be excited once the parent thermometer device can create and control separate child devices per zone (i.e. where zones 2-x are set to enabled=on) in a multi-zone setup...

Code:
                  < zone id="2" >< name >Master Suite< /name >< enabled >on< /enabled >< holdActivity/ >< hold >off< /hold >< otmr/ >< setback >on< /setback >< airflowlimit >high< /airflowlimit >< cfmlimit >2243< /cfmlimit >< tempoffset >0< /tempoffset >< activities >...< /zone >
                  Thanks for your work on this so far! Pretty excited to be able to hook this in to my larger HA system without trying to locate a SAM!
                  Last edited by Mikey; December 7, 2015, 09:09 AM. Reason: Cleaned up content within CODE tag since relevant xml tags would not display properly

Comment

I have been trying to use this plugin and have a problem I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I am trying to put in my homeseer IP address into the thermostat and it keeps changing back to the carrier default. Has anyone else seen this and know how to get past it?

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                      I have been trying to use this plugin and have a problem I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I am trying to put in my homeseer IP address into the thermostat and it keeps changing back to the carrier default. Has anyone else seen this and know how to get past it?
                      If you are talking about the server address, that remains as the default (api...), as that is what the evolution connects to. The IP address setup needs to have a proxy of 0080 as this is really port 8080, and you need this port forwarded to your homeseer server.

Comment

Thanks. That worked, brain is slipping .

I noticed in the logs for the plugin that it sees the fan status, but its not updating that in Homeseer. Is this known issue?

Also any update as to when we might see functionality to control the thing? My only care right now is to turn it on and off based off if windows are opened or not. We had this prior to getting the new heater with another tstat and it was one functionality i miss.

Comment

I need to make a decision on new HVAC units

I am replacing my HVAC and the contractor has a deal for me! The Bryant Evolution variable system. Problem: I currently use the Honeywell Z-wave tstat and would have to change the the Bryant to get full use of the system. I have lots of stuff in HS3 that uses the Tstat. I need to be able to read the state of the temp, set point, fan, mode. I need to be able to set set point, fan, mode. My understanding from the posts is that reading works, but setting does not. Does it look like you will be able to control the tstat soon? If not I might pass on the variable and buy the two speed solution.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jackallweiss View Post
                            I am replacing my HVAC and the contractor has a deal for me! The Bryant Evolution variable system. Problem: I currently use the Honeywell Z-wave tstat and would have to change the the Bryant to get full use of the system. I have lots of stuff in HS3 that uses the Tstat. I need to be able to read the state of the temp, set point, fan, mode. I need to be able to set set point, fan, mode. My understanding from the posts is that reading works, but setting does not. Does it look like you will be able to control the tstat soon? If not I might pass on the variable and buy the two speed solution.

Thanks!
                            You can still use the standard thermostat with the new evolution system in two speed setup, and it will still utilize the variable speed of the system, but you will miss out on some of the features. I am sure that David will get the plugin to work properly with time, and in the mean time, if you use the Z-Wave t-stat untill that time, then you can change to the better evolution stat. The evolution stat uses a proprietary communication with 4 wires (A,B,C,D) A, B are the communication, the C is 24V common, and the D is 24V. The control board has the standard terminals for thermostat hook up, and these are what you would use.

Comment

Bryant Evolution / Carrier Infinity Plugin

My thoughts on this when I bought it were the same. Missed having control over it. That being said with the new stat you set it and forget it and it actually works very well this way. The only control I care about is turning it off if the windows are open. The stat does a good job of running on its own.

You can use a regular stat with the system but in my eyes that's silly. You miss out on a lot of functionality like the variable speed stuff. Sure it will do it, but on a timer vs the system being properly controlled. You miss out on humidity control and also the system does operate differently depending on the outside temperature if you have the temp probe connected. It's like buying that Cadillac but using a ford steering wheel. Sure it works but why?

Comment

I would go with the variable speed. I love ours. The thermostat does a great job. I also have a wired remote sensor connected to ours that works good to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X