www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Security Systems Plug-ins > Security System Discussion > HAI/OMNI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr)

HAI/OMNI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr) Discussion about Rob Mason's HAI/OMNI Panel Plug-in

Closed Thread

Old July 25th, 2017, 07:17 PM
Seer

Connection issues

@Pete

Thanks so much for the info: I definitely need to give your setup a try, as I've had some really weird disconnect issues after upgrading to .27 and making the panel and Homeseer meet at a single switch.

What's happening now is that everything will be fine for several hours, and then the plugin will just stop working: no warnings in the log, nothing. Homeseer thinks nothing is wrong. Disabling and reenabling the plugin resolves everything, and all is well once all the devices re-sync .

I do note quite a bit of constant zwave traffic in the log, and do have a lot of traffic on the LAN with multiple Echos and streaming devices. Perhaps it's just too much for the old panel?

I'll look into a micro router and report back.
Thanks again to both you and Rob.
Old July 25th, 2017, 08:13 PM
OverSeer

The issue is due to a promiscuous and old network chip on the HAI board per HAI a few years back. My first issues were time going way off, thermostat communications and HAI Omnitouch 5.7 communications issues. The original fix was just disconnecting the network port. Note I only saw this on one of two OmniPro2 panels. 2nd network / panel was less than 10 devices and never saw any issues.

Automator

HS3 Pro & Lite Edition Beta 3.0.0.435

HS3 Wintel Touch | Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit | Oracle Windows Virtual Box ==> for Wintel only SAPI and HS3 plugins | Speech - Microsoft SAPI - Neospeech - Amazon Echo | Hardware | Haswell Intel iSeries 3 - 16Gb | Pine64 - 2Gb computers | Openpeak Intel Atom SoC tabletop touchscreens (15 HS tabletop tablets) | Touchscreens - Windows embedded POE connected |Light switches - X10,UPB, ZWave and Zigbee | Firewall - PFSense - 2 WAN plus 4 LAN interfaces | Network - Gb managed switches / POE WAP(s) | CCTV - Zoneminder IPHD cams - variety | Audio - Russound - AB8SS | Security - Leviton HAI Omni Pro 2 | Weather - Davis Vantage Vue - MeteoStick - WeeWx | 1-Wire - AAG, Midon and HB | OWFS - Mosquitto - Node Red - Python - RPi Stretch - OpenWRT
Old July 27th, 2017, 10:06 PM
Seer

10/100 Switch Looking Good!

I dug up an old Linksys USB Print Server with 4-port 10/100 switch out of the bottom of my storage closet and hung the Omni panel off of it.

More than 24 hours later, no errors, no disconnects. Keeping my fingers crossed, but looking good so far.

Thanks once again for the great info, guys.
Old July 27th, 2017, 11:42 PM
OverSeer

Rob and I would like to thank the following folks that donated in 2013 for purchasing hardware and development of the new Omni Homeseer 3 plugin.

1 - Guy Patrick
2 - Gary Mull
3 - Adrian Overstreet

Guy, Gary and Adrian will be the first licensees provided gratis as promised 4 years ago.

Thank you guys for your 4 years of patience.

BTW Guy, Gary and Adrian if you need any direct remote assistance in configuring your new Omni Plugin please PM me.
Old July 28th, 2017, 12:00 AM
Seer Deluxe

Hey Rob & Pete,

On 5/11/2015 I PAID for my Omni (HAI) Plug-In, what do I get?!?!?!

-Travis
Old July 28th, 2017, 07:47 AM
OverSeer

@Travis, a special commemorative embossed genotype (Homeseer 2021™) software license

It is embedded on your left hand 2nd digit, 10 mm down from the nail bed. Look very closely in a dark room. It has a slight glow under your skin.

It was implanted early this morning while you rested automagically with a beta of Homeseer 4 and the Leviton Omni Plugin (Homeseer 4 Omni 2021™).

Old July 28th, 2017, 08:35 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
@Travis, a special commemorative embossed genotype (Homeseer 2021™) software license

It is embedded on your left hand 2nd digit, 10 mm down from the nail bed. Look very closely in a dark room. It has a slight glow under your skin.

It was implanted early this morning while you rested automagically with a beta of Homeseer 4 and the Leviton Omni Plugin (Homeseer 4 Omni 2021™).

Finally a perk for getting HS-Pro!!!! Thanks guys!!!!

-Travis
Old July 30th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmasonjr View Post
--HAI Plugin Users--

Timeline: I will be releasing the new version by the end of next week (7/28). I'll be doing as much testing as I can up to the release.
Hey Rob,

I haven't seen it hit the PI List yet. How is testing going? Any updated ETA for the release?

Thanks,

-Travis
Old July 30th, 2017, 03:54 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daweeze View Post
Hey Rob,

I haven't seen it hit the PI List yet. How is testing going? Any updated ETA for the release?

Thanks,

-Travis
Hey Travis I hit a snag and will be delayed a bit. I have to make sure licenses work for previous versions.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspbian)
64 Z-Wave Nodes, 162 Events, 293 Devices
UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler
Old July 31st, 2017, 11:30 PM
Seer

Still disconnecting. Argh!

Welp, I'm still having the really strange issue of the plugin just quitting working, yet still running (config page still opens, etc.): no log warnings or errors (not even in developer mode), and Homeseer thinks everything is great; somehow it doesn't notice the lack of communication in any way. All other plugins seem to work fine, even during the disconnect. The only occasional errors I spot in the log involve communication with the ztroller at the other end of the house, and along with that a warning about not being able to serialize myhs data. Both seem to resolve themselves, and don't seem to relate to the plugin going down.

When I originally set up v.17, it worked flawlessly for months. I have slowly been adding a few more zwave devices, but that's it directly. Otherwise, the only other two devices I've added to the LAN are a couple more Alexa devices, including a FireTV and a Fire stick, which also have Alexa capability, and all of which I use to control Homeseer and thus the Omni panel.

I mention all of this only as a means to try and diagnose what might be going on: we've gotten pretty dependent on the convenience of using Alexa to control everything around here.

While I have pursued the panel communication issue by inserting a 10/100 switch (to no avail), it seems illogical that the panel would just start misbehaving after months of working fine: it seems more likely to me that something that was added more recently to the mix is throwing a monkey wrench into things.

Might the Omni plugin be conflicting with something else? Might the Alexa skill and multiple devices somehow modify and tax Homeseer so that the plugin becomes unstable?

Any thoughts about how I might identify the culprit is greatly appreciated. Thanks, guys.
Old July 31st, 2017, 11:53 PM
OverSeer

What are you running Homeseer 3 on?

I have a program written by a Cocoontech forum user / plugin which originally was written to test the Omni Pro network communications and fix the time when it went off.

The program has evolved now to integrate with the Samsung hub. That said you do not need enable the Samsung hub piece.

This program will run in a command line terminal session in Windows or similarly using Mono in Linux.

You can run it on your HS3 box to see if there are network issues.

I would suggest to give it a try.

The fix for the panel communications error only worked by disconnecting the network port or connecting one port to the LAN side of a router and then using the WAN port on the router to the rest of your network. It did not work for me trying an old 10Mb hub or using VLANs.

It doesn't sound like you have a lot of devices on your network any how. Here only saw problem after some 50 network devices. Never saw the problem with the second OmniPro 2 panel that I had configured with a much smaller network (< 10 devices).

Read here about the HAI Logger program. ===> HAI Logger

Personally here running it on the Zee-2 box along with HS3 and Rob's HAI plugin.

Here what it looks like running. You can leave the terminal window open to watch it.

mono HAILogger.exe -i
INFO: CoreServer: Starting up server 1.0.8.0
INFO: CoreServer: CONNECTION STATUS: Connecting
INFO: CoreServer: CONTROLLER IS: OmniPro II (4.0B)
INFO: CoreServer: Retrieving named units
INFO: CoreServer: Unsolicited notifications enabled
VERBOSE: ThermostatTimer: Added to watch list Thermostat 1

Last edited by Pete; August 1st, 2017 at 12:22 AM.
Old August 1st, 2017, 01:56 PM
Seer

Thanks, Pete.

Running HS3 on an S6 Pro, so running the logger sounds like a solid first step.

Will give it a whirl and report back.
Closed Thread