www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Security Systems Plug-ins > Security System Discussion > HAI/OMNI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr)

HAI/OMNI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr) Discussion about Rob Mason's HAI/OMNI Panel Plug-in

Old March 28th, 2018, 08:04 PM
Viewer

Alexa not able to set Alarm to Night Mode

What am I missing here. I got HomeSeer HS3 Pro 3.0.0.368 and trying to get Alexa to set my alarm (Omni Pro II) to night mode (Arm Night). I have installed the "HomeSeer Home Automation” skill, and have installed and activated the OMNI Plug-in (v3.0.2.6). In the Config section for the OMNI plug-in I have selected Area 1 (green checkmark) which pulled in my config from the Omni. I see in HomeSeer Device list the name “Main House (01)” which I renamed to “Main House” and in the Control column for this device, I see a dropdown that has “Disarmed”, “Arm Day”, “Arm Night”, etc…
The default in looking at the device list is that this row is set for “Disarmed”. I can say…. "Alexa, tell HomeSeer Main House disarmed”and it works every time, but when I try and say…. "Alexa, tell HomeSeer Main House Arm Night”, it says that command was not found on the device.

Here is the weird thing. In HomeSeer, I can change the drop-down to “Arm Night” and my alarm gets set to night mode perfectly. Then change the drop-down to “Disarmed” and HomeSeer disables my OmniPro II. It’s the last piece that Alex doesn’t want to recognize the “Arm Night” piece.

Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?
I've also attached a few screen shots that might help.

Thanks in advance,

—Mike
Attached Images

Old March 29th, 2018, 09:03 AM
Seer

I just tested it here on my setup and it was working. I see you were using this: "Alexa, tell HomeSeer Main House Arm Night”. Try using this to see if it works: "Alexa, tell HomeSeer to set the Main House to Arm Night”.
Old March 29th, 2018, 11:41 AM
Viewer

Worked like a charm. I guess I need to say the word SET. Also do you know of any way to get away from saying HomeSeer every time?
Old March 29th, 2018, 12:37 PM
Viewer

Worked... Thanks. I guess I need to use the word SET. BTW, anyway you know of to get away from using the "HomeSeer" word in every command?
Old March 30th, 2018, 08:17 AM
Seer

You would have to create virtual devices for the modes and use events but the "Tell HomeSeer To" phrase helps keep people from yelling "Alexa turn off away mode" through the door and disarming your system.
Old March 30th, 2018, 10:18 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhampe View Post
You would have to create virtual devices for the modes and use events but the "Tell HomeSeer To" phrase helps keep people from yelling "Alexa turn off away mode" through the door and disarming your system.
Exactly what I was going to point out.