Old wall mount touch screen (Android)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old wall mount touch screen (Android)

So I can't remember the model of this thing or how old it is. I just plugged it in for the first time and it auto updated and now it will not get past the android boot screen ... Any Ideas?
    Attached Files
    -Skybolt

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
    So I can't remember the model of this thing or how old it is. I just plugged it in for the first time and it auto updated and now it will not get past the android boot screen ... Any Ideas?
    It looks like an IWAC7, so try reflashing the firmware, see thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165539. It looks like the files are even still available at Techvet's dropbox site (see post #3). The hardest part is getting the MMC card in and out of the unit without losing it!

I just tried it on my dead one and it's back working again.

Good luck!
    Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Thank you, I'll give it a shot.
      -Skybolt

Comment

Yep that didn't. Right tablet and files though. Thanks.
        -Skybolt

Comment

Well after an hour or so of trials and tribulation, I junked it. ...
          -Skybolt

Comment

Here way back installed a custom rooted Android build on it from the EU.

Worked for a while except it would trash the eMMC in the device. I tried contacting the company called Sibo that built it in China.

It did utilize a common Android touchscreen chip set. BUT no support from Sibo. I wrote them off and decided not to utilize this touch screen.

I have also tested another touchscreen based on ARM CE 6.0 which did much better than this piece of xxx Sibo but it was much more expensive.

IE: very first Homeseer in wall touchscreen was based on CE 6.0 (Arm).

Settled though on using my Intel dual threaded Atom based tabletop touchscreens with embedded Windows which run HSTouch and speaker.exe (MS SAPI) best for the home network. (15 of these running 24/7 with absolutely no issues). Note though these have been modded with new BIOS (seabios) and SSD rather than using the 1Gb eMMC built in.

I ended up giving my device away to another Homeseer User. Not that it did run Homeseer touch just fine. (rooted and modded OS).
            Last edited by Pete; April 20, 2018, 04:39 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
            X