HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

Al, I ran into a hitch, mimolite will only accept a max of 16 V. You seem to have understood that and described some other components I'm not familiar with. Can you more precisely describe the components that would produce a Z wave signal when the 24 V circuit was energized?
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
      2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
      300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
      6 CT-100 tstats
      Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
      18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post
        Al, I ran into a hitch, mimolite will only accept a max of 16 V. You seem to have understood that and described some other components I'm not familiar with. Can you more precisely describe the components that would produce a Z wave signal when the 24 V circuit was energized?
        I would get a relay with a 24VAC coil and hook it up to the wire to the first valve and the common wire. Something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/152166719784. Then hook the relay switch contacts to the inputs of the mimolite. Let me know if you need more details.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

GoControl supports a flow sensor

The GoControl irrigation system supports most off-the-shelf flow sensors.

You need to cut the pipe going to your valves and put it inline. Then it is only a matter of connecting the 2 wire from the flow sensor to the GoControl inputs. Polarity on the wires doesn't matter.

There are numbers on the flow sensor for the rate and offset. Those need to be set in the controller so you can see the values (liters/hour).

Comment

hello sprinklerz,

it seems you know the gocontrol irrigation controller quite good.

perhaps you can help me out here.

most (if not all) flow meters that I find using a hall sensor and need a power supply. they have three wires, two for the power supply and one for the signal.
            'on the controller there are two terminals to connect the flow sensor. it seems that one can only hook up a dry contact to it ( you mentioned that the polarity doesn't matter).

also, you mentioned that the impulses per gallon need to be set in the controller.
            do you mind sharing on what parameter this is?

there seem to be quite a few parameters that set functions in the controller that seem to be nowhere to be found?
            like the amperage for the valve malfunction.

do you have a more detailed information about this controller?

thank you for your help

Comment

Working...
            X