This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New RCS Serial Thermostat Plug-in for HS2

We have archived the old RCS Serial Thermostat plug-in forum as we have totally re-written the RCS Serial Thermostat plug-in in .NET for HomeSeer 2. This new plug-in functions like our other thermostat plug-ins (Aprilaire, Proliphix, Z-Wave). If you are upgrading to this plug-in from the old RCS Serial plug-in you will need to edit any events that use the plug-in as the actions and triggers have changed. There is no charge for this plug-in. The old plug-in is no longer supported.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Hi Guys-

Not in the updater quite yet. Check the thread at the top of this forum.
    -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Download this version of the plugin, just save the DLL to your HomeSeer folder, this should get rid of the errors:

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/temp/HSPI_RCSSERIAL.dll

Originally posted by lconn
      Hi,

I've had HS2 running for over a year with the RCS serial plugin running an RCS ZCV6 and several thermostats. I ran update last week and it installed the newest version of HS2 and the RCS plugin. Now when I click on plugins, HS2 tells me to wait and then gives me a compile error stating Status is not a member of ..... I don't remember the RCS module. It gives the error as line 120 in the rcs status apsx file in the html directory. Going to the log I noticed it stated that the Status variable has been "deprecated" or some such and should not be used. After trying various things I finally uninstalled HS2, the plugins, deleted the directories, and reinstalled from scratch. Same error. Very frustrating after it has been working for so long. Any help? TIA

P.S. After lokking around it appears that the HS 2.4 upgrade may be the problem. May have to downgrade to before they removed the status variable so the rcs plug will work. Any comments?

Comment

I downloaded the dll referenced and found it to be identical to the one I already have in the .58 version. I replaced it anyhow, restarted the machine and homeseer and I still get the note about rcs status command being deprecated.
        Erich@EnerNex.com

Comment

You can disable the deprecated messages from the HomeSeer setup->general page.

Comment

Status tracking issue

Greetings,

I just programmed an HStouch thermostat screen on an iPad. One of the text blocks tracks the "Current Heating/Cooling Status". However, when the status changes, the text does not change. It shows "Not Operating". I have the same text block on thermostat screens on Android and Windows clients and it does work so I don't believe it is the plugin. I will post the same message on the Apple HStouch client forum.

Ken

Comment

Working...
            X