X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 basic questions

hi,

two very basic questions on the plug-in. first, is there any kind of discovery mechanism to find out the address of a module that has lost its ID label? second, does the plug-in actually permit 4 hops? I know that the choice is on the configuration menu, but I've never seen more than 3 hops

thanks to all

sjw

if you tap-add the device, the plugin will register it and provide you the insteon id once registered. The make a new label

Yah the Hops option list is a little misleading. it should probably just be 1 to 3. the hops are like retries. The insteon protocol really only allows for 3 retries max.

if i were to change it, i would probably just give the 1,2,3 hops options which would correspond to the existing 2,3,4 hop settings.

Have I confused you yet

In the future, feel free to post plugin specific question in the plugin forum, i only monitor this forum periodically.

I ask people to reserve this forum for HW specific issues unrelated to the plugin
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

thanks, mark

Comment

Working...
      X