How much control does HomeSeer have over Z-Wave door locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much control does HomeSeer have over Z-Wave door locks

I'm thinking about adding a keypad deadbolt to my front door. In the near future, I'm going to have a cleaning person come in a couple times a month. I would like to give them their own code to the keypad that will only work on specific days. I've read that HomeSeer can lock and unlock the deadbolt. Does it have the ability to only allow a code to be used on certain days? If not, I guess I could just add and remove the code as needed.

I have Yale lock and it supports lots of codes.

HS can lock/unlock and gets status which code was entered and if door was unlocked/locked manually/key. All these can be used as either actions and/or triggers in HS.

Setting new codes/deleting them/setting time they are valid is not supported out of the box. You can add/remove codes from web gui by going into device root -> user codes (this is how you normally go to seetings for devices).

I didn't see any obvious way to build events that enable/disable codes from being active based on time.

Maybe that is possible with some scripting and direct device control but I am not sure at this time.

If anyone else has solved this I'd like to know :-)

Comment

Re: How much control does HomeSeer have over Z-Wave door locks

I have a code for my cleaning lady, but it is active all the time, which I don't particularly like. What I do is have HS send me a text when that particular code is entered, so at least I know when it is used.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thank you for the information. I decided to go with the Schlage BE365 without the Z-Wave functionality. I don't need the ability to lock and unlock the door from HomeSeer. So spending less money for the standard keypad seems like the best choice. I currently have DS10 sensors on the doors to alert me if a door is opened during my away mode.

As rmasonjr mentioned, keeping the code active on the days that the cleaning person is not here is not desirable, so I decided to manually add and remove the code as needed. It only takes a few seconds to add or remove a code and it will only be done one or two times each a month. I might need to setup a HomeSeer event to remind me when it's time to add the code each month.

Comment

IMHO if you go with manual code add/remove having integration with HS thru zwawe is still very nice as you can change it remotely. You simply have to use web GUI instead of setting automated events. But you can do this from work or any other place if you forgot before you left.

Comment

Working...
          X