No announcement yet.

Qubino z-wave - Working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a lot for that info U5tabil, was going to buy 4 of them bot now I will wait. Maybe I order one oft them to check what is working. Can you see temp, status, and amp? Have you info on when plus version will be out?

Comment

Originally posted by lunkan View Post
      Thanks a lot for that info U5tabil, was going to buy 4 of them bot now I will wait. Maybe I order one oft them to check what is working. Can you see temp, status, and amp? Have you info on when plus version will be out?
      Try buy 1 and see how it goes before you try

I found that making an thermostat in HS with events to work just as good or even better. by using sensors and on/off switches.
      Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Yes, I have bought one for testing. I also get this answer from GOAP (Qubino):
        As soon as thermostat modules will be certified, we will send them to various gateway manufacturers (including Homeseer), so they could integrate them into gateways.

Comment

Module arrived and testing right now.
          I can't do a setpoint, it always returns to default 23 C.
          Values shows ok and I can set mode to off/auto
          From the manual:
          Attached Files
          Last edited by lunkan; October 22, 2015, 12:35 PM. Reason: Add logfile

Comment

Are these available in the US, where can I order?

Comment

One issue I found with first generation Qubino devices - they do not remember "all OFF" settings after power failure.

If I set the device to not respond to "all off" and "all on" signals, it works all the way until the device have power cut.
              (other settings like ramp up time is remembered through power cut)

Is this a behavior you also see?

Comment

I have several issues with the Qubino devices in combination with HS3. Using the latest plugin available (3.0.1.54).

- Additional inputs (for instance, on the Flush Dimmer) do not work at all in HS3.
                - Power measurements on the second relay do not work for the Flush 2 Relay Zwave Plus switches (only see power updates on the first relay)
                - On/Off status for both devices is only reflected on the first device (so if I switch on relay 1 or relay 2, the "Binary Switch 1" in HS3 switches on)
                - Default association for the non-Plus devices is always set to 1 (but should be the last group to have instant status shown in HS3). Fortunately, this can be easily resolved manually.

See Bugzilla 2909, 2910, 3133 and 3134.
                stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                  I have several issues with the Qubino devices in combination with HS3. Using the latest plugin available (3.0.1.54).

- Additional inputs (for instance, on the Flush Dimmer) do not work at all in HS3.
                  - Power measurements on the second relay do not work for the Flush 2 Relay Zwave Plus switches (only see power updates on the first relay)
                  - On/Off status for both devices is only reflected on the first device (so if I switch on relay 1 or relay 2, the "Binary Switch 1" in HS3 switches on)
                  - Default association for the non-Plus devices is always set to 1 (but should be the last group to have instant status shown in HS3). Fortunately, this can be easily resolved manually.

In also have 2750 which has been in since May to do with the dimmer module and the I2/I3 inputs. I would really like them to work correctly but a lot of the recent fixes for other modules seem to be when the manufacturer sends the device to HST for them to experiment with.

Comment

Also Bugzilla 3032 submitted back in October by me with no response yet.

Steve

Comment

So how do we get the HS team to fix those issues? Should Qubino be involved somehow? Do we need to create more Bugzilla tickets? Or do we just wait patiently, never knowing if and when it will be fixed?

Thanks!
                      stefxx

Comment

So how do we get the HS team to fix those issues? Should Qubino be involved somehow? Do we need to create more Bugzilla tickets? Or do we just wait patiently, never knowing if and when it will be fixed?

Thanks!
                        I'm not convince Bugzilla is really being looked at, Rich last commented on a bug in there in June. I think we are stuck with the last option really until some time gets devoted again to the plugins, some recent similar requests have ended up with HST asking for the manufacturer to send them hardware to test with (not saying every time but it no doubt makes it easier than being done remotely). As the device is "certified" then it should in an ideal world work however there have been many posts about the process and it appears that it is far from ideal so I think we are a bit stuck.

Comment

Thanks!
                          I understand your frustration with regard to the lack of interoperability with some Z-Wave devices. I have spent a great deal of time over the last 18 months or so researching why devices don't just work out of the box, as the Z-Wave marketing blurb would have you believe it should.

The whole Z-Wave story is a very complex affair and IMO suffers tremendous problems relating to interpretation of the rules and / or requirements of membership and / or device specification.

There are dozens of certified devices out there that according to some, do not adhere to the protocol, but according to others do adhere to the protocol. Who should I believe?

The general consensus in the Z-Wave world appears to be that it is a lot easier for a software developer to develop and distribute a workaround than it is to recall 000's of devices for a firmware update. True most newer devices support end-user updating but from what I've seen, Aeotec are about the only manufacturer that have released any firmware updates and the procedure is not trivial.

In the case of HST, they have generally been very accommodating in the past when it comes to adding workarounds for buggy devices and supporting new devices, however it would appear that Rich is the main (if not the only) person working on the main HS3 application, HSTouch and the Z-Wave plug-in and no doubt other projects as well which I expect is why they are generally a lot slower at getting the updates in than some other providers of Z-Wave software.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                            I understand your frustration with regard to the lack of interoperability with some Z-Wave devices.
                            Thanks Paul, also for your explanation. I understand you might assume (from some of my other messages on different topics perhaps?) that I am frustrated, but actually I am not. Nobody promised me that the Qubino devices would work without issues in combination with HS3. I just happen to like them very much and I would really love them to work optimally with HS3.

I am very well aware of the "certified" issues and I like to help wherever I can to help the HS3 team. But I don't know how, so that was basically my question. What does the team need to get this "fixed"?

Thanks again!
                            stefxx

Comment

What does the team need to get this "fixed"?
                              I would say that time is the No1 thing they need, then probably some actual devices to work with and of course a demand from users.

Perhaps Qubino would be willing to send HST some devices...

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                                I would say that time is the No1 thing they need, then probably some actual devices to work with and of course a demand from users.

Perhaps Qubino would be willing to send HST some devices...

Paul..
                                Just saw a news flash that Qubino will be at CES, so maybe they could meet up with the HST folks and give them some of their products...

Cheers
                                Al
                                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
                                X