Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the plug-in report alarm sensor alerts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the plug-in report alarm sensor alerts?

I was trying to create an event that would detect the front door opening so I could turn on the foyer lights. the HAI plugin does show my front door sensor but looking at the log in HAI the triggering of this sensor does not fire an event to HAI.

How could I do this?

I play a sound when any of my entry doors are tripped and it works pretty quick.

In the plugin page, the Zones tab - is your door zone setup as EntryExit?

Here's my info as a reference:
    Attached Files
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thank you for the info, the problem was I chose "TRIPPED" for the event.

Changing it to NOT READY did the trick.

When you say you play a sound, where does it play? I'm new to HS and don't know all that's possible with it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mskvarenina View Post
        Thank you for the info, the problem was I chose "TRIPPED" for the event.

Changing it to NOT READY did the trick.

When you say you play a sound, where does it play? I'm new to HS and don't know all that's possible with it yet.
        I have several android HSTouch devices around the house and when you play a sound, HS sends it to all the connected clients.

Comment

Hmmm,

Not working again. Not sure if it's the programming or something else. It's about 9pm, well into "nighttime" but when I opened the door while the alarm was set, the light did not come on...

IF HAI HAI Zones Front Door (033) changes and becomes NOT READY
          AND IF The time is nighttime (after sunset, before sunrise).
          AND IF HAI HAI Area Modes Home Auto has a value that is not equal to Disarmed
          Then
          Set Device First Floor Foyer Foyer to Dim 98%

Comment

So I did some testing and now I'm thinking maybe HS can't detect my HAI being armed.

I created a simple rule:

Then Set Device First Floor Foyer Foyer to Dim 98%

This event ran every time I opened the door.

But when I add:

*** AND IF HAI HAI Area Modes Home Auto*has a value that is not equal to*Disarmed

Then the event does not run....

Ideas?

Comment

Ideas?

Comment

In the HS log, is the event being triggered? Meaning, is the light indeed being sent a Dim 98%?

Comment

Yes the event triggers every time as long as I don't add the condition to check the alarm status.

This event works every time:

But when I add another AND condition like this below it will not work...

AND IF HAI HAI Area Modes Home Auto has a value equal to Arm Day

I first tried making a condition when the alarm is not DISABLED so it would catch every type fo alarm setting. When that didn't work I changed it to Arm Away. And finally I tried what's above, Arm Day.

What's weird is in the Home view, when the alarm is not set it reports

Disarmed HAI HAI Area Modes Home Auto Today 10:10:25 PM Disarmed

When I first set the alarm using the away setting it will report Arm Away during the delay then once the alarm is fully set the status changes to Arm Day.

Nevertheless whenever I add the condition to check the alarm state the event does not run....
                  Last edited by mskvarenina; February 4, 2017, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks i will try to duplicate the issue and see what i can find out.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Comment

This event works very reliably:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Interesting. A few days ago an event that said when the front door is opened, and it's after sunset, and the foyer light is off, turn on the foyer light.

I did this because I thought the HS was not able to read the alarm mode status (even though I can see it on the home screen).

This worked for a few days but last night I opened the door, the HAI panel began beeping (telling me that the door sensor is working) but the light didn't come on.

Then this morning, and again last light the light came on each time.

So I think the problem is the HS doesn't always get the Zone changes. Is there a way to turn on a debug mode that would cause each zone change to write to the log?

The only other thing I'm thinking is I'm using just the HomeSeer HomeTroller Zee S2 and maybe it's too slow to always get all the events coming from the HAI?

Comment

Originally posted by mskvarenina View Post
                          Interesting. A few days ago an event that said when the front door is opened, and it's after sunset, and the foyer light is off, turn on the foyer light.

I did this because I thought the HS was not able to read the alarm mode status (even though I can see it on the home screen).

This worked for a few days but last night I opened the door, the HAI panel began beeping (telling me that the door sensor is working) but the light didn't come on.

Then this morning, and again last light the light came on each time.

So I think the problem is the HS doesn't always get the Zone changes. Is there a way to turn on a debug mode that would cause each zone change to write to the log?

The only other thing I'm thinking is I'm using just the HomeSeer HomeTroller Zee S2 and maybe it's too slow to always get all the events coming from the HAI?
                          Yes, the HAI.log in the logs folder captures the zone changes. They are usually instantaneous - maybe less than a second?

Can you post a screenshot of your event? I want to make sure you are using "changes and becomes" for the zone change.

I've been running on a Pi2 for a little over 2 years now and it's plenty fast enough

Comment

So here's the event. Works most times but didn't work last night when it was well after sunset, but then worked this morning. Earlier this evening (and definitely after sunset) it didn't work again but later in the evening the light did come on.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Stupid question, but how do I open the log file?

I'm assuming I'll have to shell into the HS Controller?

And do I need to turn on the debug log option to see all the events?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X