TTS announcements not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TTS announcements not working

I can get announcements from my own events. This is a bit painful, having to manually edit the speaker client list for every single one and force them to $SONOS$ALL. Other announcements (e.g. hs.speak("test") from the control panel, or speech from other plugins, like BLLock simply don't come out via the Sonos and I can't work out why.
    I have a working linkgroup (tested with the events above).
    I have the proxy flag checked and set to "Never forward".

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Originally posted by Mack1979 View Post
    I can get announcements from my own events. This is a bit painful, having to manually edit the speaker client list for every single one and force them to $SONOS$ALL. Other announcements (e.g. hs.speak("test") from the control panel, or speech from other plugins, like BLLock simply don't come out via the Sonos and I can't work out why.
    I have a working linkgroup (tested with the events above).
    I have the proxy flag checked and set to "Never forward".

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
    Try entering "0" (without quotes) in the Intercept Speaker Devices field for your ALL Linkgroup. That should send any speech that is not directed to a specific client to that group. Set the proxy to "Always Forward" so it will be forwarded to all other clients - if you have any.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

That's what I've got. Getting no announcement on Sonos.

With it set to Always Forward I get the speech twice on my PC. I don't have any other devices. With it on Never Forward I just get it once through the PC, but still nothing on Sonos.

Comment

With it set to Always Forward I get the speech twice on my PC. I don't have any other devices. With it on Never Forward I just get it once through the PC, but still nothing on Sonos.
        It works well here, but I do not load the speaker client on my PC, since I use Sonos and a handful of Android clients for announcements. If you are getting it twice when forwarded it is possible there is another proxy running. Is there any other plug-in that might have a speech proxy?

I am slowly phasing out my Android speech clients, so I have edited most of my speech events to be directed at specific Sonos Linkgroups. I agree that it is a little tedious to edit each Event, but that is the way it works. I have 7 linkgroups based on the type of announcement, so I keep a notepad document on my desktop with all of them listed so it is easy to copy and paste.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Could you post a screen shot of your config page top and bottom (linkgroup).
          Not all speech is directed to device = 0, in the past 100 was used often. Easiest way to find out is to look at the log for the SPEAK log entry. I personally do not recommend to do it that way but for many case it does its work. I personally like to control all the time what goes where so in this case, if BLLock generates speech, I'm sure you can configure it to send it to $SONOS$ALL$ or to a list of speaker clients if that's what you want.

Which version of the PI are you using?

Dirk

Comment

I'm using BLLock v2.0.64.0 which only let's you pick from the speaker clients which show on the Network tab in HS3 settings. I just have the Default speaker client installed. I'm using Sonos PI v3.1.0.15.

This is the log when the plugin speaks:
            Mar-15 15:20:30 TTS Speak: (ANTECEFAULT):Mack has locked Front Door
            and when I run it from the control panel:

Mar-15 15:33:19 TTS Speak: ():can you hear me in the kitchen?
            Mar-15 15:33:19 System Control Panel Immediate Script: &hs.speak("can you hear me in the kitchen?")

Both of these give me speech on the local PC, but nothing from Sonos. As mentioned on previous post, forcing events to manually add $SONOS$ALL to the speaker clients works OK.
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm using BLLock v2.0.64.0 which only let's you pick from the speaker clients which show on the Network tab in HS3 settings. I just have the Default speaker client installed. I'm using Sonos PI v3.1.0.15.

Mar-15 15:33:19 System Control Panel Immediate Script: &hs.speak("can you hear me in the kitchen?")

Both of these give me speech on the local PC, but nothing from Sonos. As mentioned on previous post, forcing events to manually add $SONOS$ALL to the speaker clients works OK.
              You'll need to turn the SONOS PI debug flag on and search for the SPEAK entry, and you will see which device BLLock is using. If it is zero and it isn't working, post the whole log.

Dirk

Comment

Turn the use MediaAPI off, unless you want to deal with weird behavior on your HST Clients. This was added for some people who are very familiar with HST & the PI and ONLY for trial and trace purpose.
                Nothing to do with TTS by the way

Dirk

Comment

OK, think this is it. Seems to be using device 100. Can I add a second identical linkgroup which uses 100?

Mar-15 20:38:12 Sonos SpeakIn called for Device = 100, Text = Mack has locked Front Door, Wait=False, Host = ANTECEFAULT, PIInitialized = True
                  Mar-15 20:38:12 TTS Speak: (ANTECEFAULT):Mack has locked Front Door

Comment

OK, think this is it. Seems to be using device 100. Can I add a second identical linkgroup which uses 100?

Mar-15 20:38:12 Sonos SpeakIn called for Device = 100, Text = Mack has locked Front Door, Wait=False, Host = ANTECEFAULT, PIInitialized = True
                    yes, the help file shows you you can add 0,100 (use commas as separators)

Comment

I noticed you also have an email exchange with Blade going. You may want to ask him to give you the option to use ANY speaker client, not just they ones that are at that moment active and in the HS list. As far as I can tell, all other PI authors that use speak functions added it just for this purpose. Maybe in HS4 we can convince the HS team to add support for PI to announce themselves as speaker clients rather than proxies (or both).

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                        yes, the help file shows you you can add 0,100 (use commas as separators)
                        Ah yes, I get what that was referring to now. Still not working! I have the debug flag on, this is all I get - so the PI seems to be aware of this, but doesn't seem to do anything with it, as I get nothing else in the log around this.

I did ask Blade about making it easier, but working through the other issues, he's not answered that bit yet. As it is using the standard speaker proxy I must be doing something wrong!

Mar-15 21:01:56 Sonos SpeakIn called for Device = 100, Text = Mack has locked Front Door, Wait=False, Host = ANTECEFAULT, PIInitialized = True
                        Mar-15 21:01:56 TTS Speak: (ANTECEFAULT):Mack has locked Front Door

Comment

Oh, making some progress - since changing the intercept to 0,100 the hs.speak from the control panel IS now working.

Mar-15 21:09:40 Sonos AddAnnouncementToQueue called for LinkGroupName = ALL and Text = Can you hear me in the kitchen
                          Mar-15 21:09:40 Sonos SpeakIn called for Device = 100, Text = Can you hear me in the kitchen, Wait=False, Host = , PIInitialized = True
                          Mar-15 21:09:40 TTS Speak: ():Can you hear me in the kitchen
                          Mar-15 21:09:40 System Control Panel Immediate Script: &hs.speak("Can you hear me in the kitchen")

Oh, I've got it! The Host is blank. I've now changed the host drop-down box from ANTECEFAULT to blank (which I thought was un-selected and wouldn't be allowed) and IT WORKS!

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Oh, making some progress - since changing the intercept to 0,100 the hs.speak from the control panel IS now working.

Mar-15 21:09:40 Sonos AddAnnouncementToQueue called for LinkGroupName = ALL and Text = Can you hear me in the kitchen
                            Mar-15 21:09:40 Sonos SpeakIn called for Device = 100, Text = Can you hear me in the kitchen, Wait=False, Host = , PIInitialized = True
                            Mar-15 21:09:40 TTS Speak: ():Can you hear me in the kitchen
                            Mar-15 21:09:40 System Control Panel Immediate Script: &hs.speak("Can you hear me in the kitchen")

Oh, I've got it! The Host is blank. I've now changed the host drop-down box from ANTECEFAULT to blank (which I thought was un-selected and wouldn't be allowed) and IT WORKS!

Thanks for your help!
                            I suspect if you type into the host drop down box $SONOS$ALL$ your problem would be fixed without having to add intercept devices.

Dirk

Comment

It won't let you type in. I tried editing the ini file but the PI just kept giving errors when i did this.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X