Z-Wave USB drivers for windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave USB drivers for windows

I just received my USB PC interface and it did not ship with any USB drivers for windows (in fact no CD or software at all!).
    Any idea where/how I might get hold of this driver file?

Thanks

Keyvan

Just to say that I got the drivers from Phil at Lets' Automate by email.
    Just having problem now with getting the usb i/f to receive the device info from remote.
    The remote says sending... but the HS dialogue box just keeps showing the hour glass.
    Any ideas what I migth be doing wrong?

Thanks

Keyvan

Comment

keyvan,
      After loading the drivers did you reboot?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes I did reboot. Funny thing though...
        When I started HS, at the point where it was initialising the Zwave interface, the pc just rebooted itself and on the second time HS loaded the interface was seen and HS loaded fine.
        Then when I could not get it to get devices from the remote, I reset the zwave USB using the option on the dialogue box. This still did not help.
        The next time HS was started, the same thing happened (i.e reboot on zwave initialise)..
        I am going to uninstall and reinstall the drivers to see if that helps.
        Any ideas?
        Thanks
        Keyvan

Comment

I think I have a faulty USB controller. It just will not respond to HS and keeps rebooting the pc on the next attempt to restart HS if I try to do anything with it in HS.
          Also it shows as a primary contorller:
          Attached Files

Comment

Keyvan,

99 times out of 100 when the device is causing your machine to reboot indicates a bad device driver.

Comment

Why not try the HS USB drivers from the updater?

GLT

Comment

I recently got the HomePro USB adapter and had similar problems as it dit not come with drivers. I eventually ended up downloading the drivers from the HomeSeer Updater and followed these instructions with great success.

As for the USB controller showing up as a primary, I believe this will change to secondary after you copy the configuration from the wireless controller.

Comment

I decided to unistall the drivers and start over again.
                  Now when I plug the controller in (without drivers installed) and windows does not even recognize the device:
                  "USB Device not recognized" and suggests to uplug and plug back in..
                  Needless to that it does not work!
                  So it might be the faulty device.
                  The only thing else I can try is to install it on a new/clean machine (I have just built a new rack-mount pc) and try a fresh install.
                  Don't know what else to try.
                  Any suggestions?
                  Thanks

Keyvan

Comment

Rupp

You were correct in your diagnosis. I installed HS on a fresh machine, plugged in the controller and installed the drivers; rebooted.
                    Zwave usb showed up fine in HS and had a completely different Home ID than the one in my previous install. Learned devices is now working fine!
                    I am just thinking how do I clean up the my main HS server to get the drivers to work on that one. I have been planning to move it to a bigger pc, this might be good reason to go ahead and use the new pc.
                    Anyway, thanks for your help and I am pleased it was not faulty hardware.
                    Keyvan

Comment

keyvan,
                      Glad you got it working.

Comment

Keyvan,

I think not starting with the drivers we provide in the updater is part of the problem.

Try (with the interface plugged in to the old PC) removing the interface from the device manager. Then unplug the interface, install our drivers from the updater, then plug in the interface again and see if it recognizes the interface and starts working correctly.
                        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
                        X