No announcement yet.

RainRelay8 in HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night walker, did you have your sprinklers working in HS3?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I too I having the same problem. I bought homseer when it first released I have been waiting. I recently upgraded my hard drive to SSd and decided to finally installing HS3. I have waited until they got all the bugs out. I must say OMG problems after problems I have a highly unstable system. I am thinking of going back to HS2 PRO which is very stable I never really had any problems. My sprinkler has not worked reliably in over two weeks. I would think after a year they would have things worked out better.

Comment

My migration path to hs3 started with this plugin, as it has the least complexity in my system at the moment. But it does not really work as expected as I have to restart the homeseer server once a week to keep it running.

it seems like the plugins crash for some reason and is restarted, and when this happens it fails to connect as the com port is busy.

aug-03 09:02:57 Rain8 Abandoning COM Thread Start: The given port name does not start with COM/com or does not resolve to a valid serial port.Parameter name: portName
        aug-03 09:02:57 Rain8 Error in COM Thread Start: The given port name does not start with COM/com or does not resolve to a valid serial port.Parameter name: portName
        aug-03 09:02:57 Rain8 Error in COM Thread Start: The given port name does not start with COM/com or does not resolve to a valid serial port.Parameter name: portName
        aug-03 09:02:57 Info Plugin Rain8 has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:52411
        aug-03 09:02:55 Warning I/O interface Rain8 is down, executable is not running, restarting ...

it might be connected to this bug: http://homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=771 ??
        In any case I submitted a new bug: http://homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2106

Did not have this issue on hs2 (on the same server) considering to go back ti hs2 for my irrigation and will not move to hs3 for remaining parts until hs3 has improved.
        Last edited by Toby; August 5, 2014, 06:46 AM. Reason: added log + bugzilla link/ref

Comment

Working...
        X