www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Analog & Digital IO Device Plug-ins > Analog & Digital IO Discussion > Arduino Plugin (3P)

Arduino Plugin (3P) Discussions related to the Arduion plugin for HS3 by enigmatheatre

Old April 22nd, 2016, 08:05 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhalsall View Post
Hi Greig,

I'm just starting to build a PI Linux install of HS3 and am planning to use a Mega Arduino for Analogue inputs.

I thought I had read up enough before purchasing bits... but I'm now just cluing in that Ethernet would be the only supported method of connection.

Curious if you're planning to eventually have USB connectivity supported?

Also, I had also just ordered the YUN Shield, but I'm gathering this will probably not work either?

thanks!
Dave
Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear you want to use usb but I did attempt to get this going when I first ported the plugin to Linux but there are to many limitations to make this work reliably and it would involve people manually changing files depending on there set-up. I also found the ports change on every restart so this is a big problem.
The Yun is not a standard Arduino board that will not run on the standard library's so again would take so much to change just to get one other board in there plugin that it is not worth the time and as I hope you can understand I can not support everything.

Greig.
Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
Scripts =
Various
Old April 22nd, 2016, 10:09 AM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatheatre View Post
Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear you want to use usb but I did attempt to get this going when I first ported the plugin to Linux but there are to many limitations to make this work reliably and it would involve people manually changing files depending on there set-up. I also found the ports change on every restart so this is a big problem.
The Yun is not a standard Arduino board that will not run on the standard library's so again would take so much to change just to get one other board in there plugin that it is not worth the time and as I hope you can understand I can not support everything.

Greig.
Absolutely, I totally understand.

Thanks for the quick reply Greig, have a great day!

Dave

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old May 5th, 2016, 12:57 AM
Seer Plus

Hello again...

I ended up purchasing a W5100 ethernet shield (Itead).

Starting playing with the plugin - and for the life of me, I couldn't get this to work.

After burning a couple of nights on this, I just discovered the issue and thought I should post here in case there's other poor sods like me poking away at such silliness....

It turns out, this shield I purchased from Robotshop.com is V1.0, and won't work directly with a Mega2650. (Even though there is no notice of this on their site, or really anywhere clearly). Also, FYI; V1.1 has one ICSP socket added, which will be compatible with more boards.

Jumpers are required to mod this to operate on the Mega... clue found in the Wiki for this particular sheild:

Quote:
Iteaduino communicates with both the W5100 and SD card using the SPI bus. This is on digital pins 11, 12, and 13 on the UNO/Duemilanove and pins 50, 51, and 52 on the Mega. On both boards, pin 10 is used to select the W5100 and pin 4 for the SD card. These pins cannot be used for general I/O. On the Mega, the hardware SS pin, 53, is not used to select either the W5100 or the SD card, but it must be kept as an output.

Note that because the W5100 and SD card share the SPI bus, only one can be active at a time. If you are using both peripherals in your program, this should be taken care of by the corresponding libraries. If you're not using one of the peripherals in your program, however, you'll need to explicitly deselect it. To do this with the SD card, set pin 4 as an output and write a high to it. For the W5100, set digital pin 10 as a high output.
So, my next question is... assuming someone else has this combination... do I need to worry about setting Digital pin 4 to an output and writing it high to avoid the SD card reader from causing issues on the SPI bus?

I have now successfully got the plugin to see the board and have one Analogue sensor sending successful values.
Old May 30th, 2016, 07:03 PM
Seer

Pins 10 - 13 missing

I'm trialing the plugin. It looks very powerful. It's connecting well after having installed an ethernet shield and downloaded the sketch.
Pins 10-13 are not selectable from the config screen. Is there any reason for this?

Last edited by chimera; May 30th, 2016 at 09:31 PM.
Old May 30th, 2016, 07:14 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimera View Post
I'm trialing the plugin. I looks very powerful. It's connecting well after having installed an ethernet shield and downloaded the sketch.
Pins 10-13 are not selectable from the config screen. Is there any reason for this?
They're used to communicate with the Ethernet shield (assuming this is not a mega).
Old May 30th, 2016, 10:05 PM
Seer

Yes I'm using the Uno. Thanks for that.
Old March 16th, 2017, 06:41 AM
Seer Plus

Does the latest beta work with NodeMCU over wifi on Linux?
Old March 16th, 2017, 06:46 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoRaC View Post
Does the latest beta work with NodeMCU over wifi on Linux?
Yes this should work on Linux. I have not personally tested it but I see no reson for it not to.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk