Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with 2.0.1.3 - can't turn lamp off

Hi,

I upgraded to v2.0.1.3 yesterday and today have noticed that I can't turn off (my only) lamp. I can dim it between 2% and 100% as shown in the DeConZ Webapp, and I can turn the lamp off using that, but when I try via HomeSeer/JowiHue, I just get in the log:-

Nov-14 05:31:50 JowiHue Error: (SetDeviceByUserRequest): Ref: 1145 Stairs Light, on action :0
    Nov-14 05:31:50 JowiHue Error: (SetDeviceByUserRequest):Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The lamp is an Ikea Tradfri 980 colour temperature/brightness adjustable running via deCONZ v2.04.78.

I also have found that I cannot poll for status using HomeSeer/JowiHue - that reports:-

2 @ Polling: Lights Stairs Stairs Light (Status isResult not set by Plugin))

Is there anywhere I can access the previous version of the plugin, as that worked ok I think. (I wasn't very disciplined and didn't take a backup before upgrading).

Thanks,

Jon.

Hi again,

With some further investigation it seems to be an issue where the plugin has recreated devices. I had a working lamp and changed it's location and location2 to "Stairs" and "Lights" away from "JowiHue" and "JowiHue".

I think when upgrading or restarting, the plugin recreated the lamp device - I ended up with 2 - one in "Stairs/Lights", which responded to dimming but not on/off commands, and one in "JowiHue/JowiHue" which worked as expected.

I replaced the device referenced by my events with the "new" JowiHue/JowiHue device and deleted the "Stairs/Lights" device and all is working again as it should, but I think there is an issue somewhere with tracking devices through upgrades maybe?

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

Jon,

Sorry to hear that. I have the same coloured bulb, but did not see the same issue. I am still working on this bulb to get a reasonable color control here and have it working. This should be available in the next version.

Normally the old version (if you did not upgrade HS3 in between) should be in the updates3 subfolder of your HS3 installation directory. But only if hs3 was not upgraded as an upgrade just empties this folder lately.

If it does not work out, it might be a good idea to remove the bulb from the device list and restart the plugin, this should recreate the devices. But you woulld need to check the events you have for device action (JowiHue actions should still be ok once the devcies are created).

Thanks,

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

John,

We crossed posts... do you have deCONZ on a non standard port maybe? As this was reported by another user who had the same issue. It seems deCONZ keeps changing ports with restarts and the plugin does not recognise this as beein the same port. He solved it by making sure deCONZ would always start on the same port
        I am here still trying to find a solution to prevent it from happening.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Hi Wim,

I think our posts may have crossed. Seems to have been an issue with devices being created/recreated when the plugin was upgraded.

The lamp I have is only colour temperature controllable, not RGB - Ikea in the UK seem to be a bit behind in stocking RGB lamps (at least online/in the store by me, anyway).

Thanks,

Jon.

Comment

Jon,

Still would like to know if your deCONZ is changing ports (non 80) maybe?

Thanks,

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim,

I did recently restart the PC running Homeseer and DeCONZ and started them the wrong way round (started DeCONZ first and it grabbed port 80), then when I started HS it complained, so I closed both down, then started HS first followed by deCONZ which then went back to its normal port 8080.

I've only ever seen one bridge device - the lamp is the only device I've ever changed the locations on; everything else I have left in the default JowiHue/JowiHue locations.

When the house is empty I can try that again and see if any extra/duplicate devices are created if you like? Simply restarting the plugin does not cause any problems.

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

Jon,

That is not needed, your explanation explains it to me already. deCONZ was started once on a different port (for you 80), HS3 complaining on the port, but internally HS3 was already started, including the plugin which connect to deCONZ but doubles the bulbs because of a missed port check.

The plugin seems to miss a double check on IP only somewhere. Just have to locate it.

Thanks,

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

Great - though it is not a big deal when you know about it. I am hoping they implement the ability to define a port in DeCONZ soon - that will help.

By the way, the Up and Down buttons seem to be the wrong way round for Colour Temperature control in the Device Management page - "Up" reduces the colour temperature and "Down" increases it...

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

I think I found it. It should be solved in the next release now.

As for the colourtemperature, it is depending on your settings in the config page. If youy have chosen to see the colour temperature in Kelvin, pressing down will actually rise the values. Internally the plugin is using myred values, as the bridge does. This value is going down when pressing down. The result of the calculation is going the opposite way....

I agree that this is a bit confusing, but I rather let it be for now

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                    X