Omni log will not load, always 0 size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omni log will not load, always 0 size

Using HS3Pi on RPI3 with Omni plugin, OmniIIe panel, 4.0b firmware. All connected, and most things work reasonably well, but I can't load the Omni log into the HS3/Plugin. I select Manage Plugins/Omni/Log. I see the note that it may take a long time. I click Load and wait, but nothing ever appears in that box, and the OMNI.log file on the Pi3 is always 0 size, and date is several weeks ago. Is there something else to check? I can see the log in PCAccess and it has only about 150 entries, so not that long.

I have disabled and re-enabled the plugin several times, also restarted HS3 and the RPI a few times. No change, still no log.

Suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks

This issue cropped up with first version of the Omni Plugin and was fixed in next and current version of Omni Plugin.

The log for the Omni Plugin is totally different than the PCAccess event log.

What version of the Omni Plugin are you running? Guessing you are running current Omni Plugin version 3.0.2.4.

and

you configuration shows:

[ATTACH]64676[/ATTACH]

and your Config/HAI.ini file shows: (matches the above)

consoleOutput=False
    hai_commandWait=3000
    aboutURL=About.htm
    logToHomeseer=True
    imageFileLocation=images/OMNI/
    logmode=NORMAL
    debugFile=Logs/omni.log

Note in Linux the Config directory has remained with a capital C and the Logs directory has remained with a capital L and the images directory has remained at a lower case i.
    Last edited by Pete; November 24, 2017, 08:48 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete, thanks for the reply. My higher level question: where is ANY of this stuff documented? Makes it real tough for new user to figure out anything, for HS3 and for the plugin. Maybe I missed it.

Anyway, yes, I am running Omni 3.0.2.4. My config display in the GUI matched yours, except Console Output was On (so what does that mean anyway?). So I turned it off. I think that has enabled the log as now I see Omni plugin entries in the log. Somehow I just thought it was the Omni's own event log, would be nice to see that somehow as well.

My HAI.ini is similar to yours, I assume you clipped yours as mine has a few other mystery entries. I don't have lotToHomeseer at all, not sure what that is for.

Looks like I am set for now, I turned on debug, checked out the log entries, should help as I slowly learn how this all works and how to manage it.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X