www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Analog & Digital IO Device Plug-ins > Analog & Digital IO Discussion > Arduino Plugin (3P)

Arduino Plugin (3P) Discussions related to the Arduion plugin for HS3 by enigmatheatre

Closed Thread

Old August 12th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Super Seer

Post About the Arduino Plugin.

What is Arduino?

Arduino is an open-source physical computing platform based on a simple microcontroller board, and a development environment for writing software for the board.
Arduino can be used to develop interactive objects, taking inputs from a variety of switches or sensors, and controlling a variety of lights, motors, and other physical outputs.

There are a variety of board sizes and styles but each board has digital I/O pins and analog input pins that can be connected to all sorts of things. People are controlling servos, LEDs, HVAC and lighting as well as getting temperature through one wire probes.

The plugin was designed to remove the need to know how to program them. All you have to do is install the plugin and purchase a board then there is a bit of software to download which can be found in the manual. On the plugin Config page you can download a small file and open it in the software then click upload and then the board is set to connect to Homeseer.

I hope this explains a bit more about the plugin but if you have any questions then just send me an email or post on the board and I will do my best to answer them for you.

The user manual can be found Here but it will also be installed with the plugin that you can find in the Homeseer Updater.

This Plugin was written to interact with the Arduino range of I/O boards and Homeseer. The Plugin has the following functions:
1. Boards can be connected with USB, Serial or Ethernet.
2. Board pins can be assigned as Input, Analogue input, Output, PWM, Servo or Onewire.
3. The Plugin will auto generate the used devices in homeseer.
4. All Inputs are switched Inputs that are on when pulled to ground.(no resistors are required)
5. All outputs are High when On in Homeseer.
6. All inputs and Outputs are updated on connection to homeseer.
7. Up to 9 Arduino boards are supported.
8. One Wire DS18S20, DS18B20 and DS1822 temperature sensors are supported.
9. PWM fade times can be set from a device in Homeseer
10. Calculations can be performed on the analogue inputs to display custom data.
11. Analogue inputs can be inverted to accommodate various sensors.
12. The board will Auto reconnect if reset while connected to HS.
13. Servos can be set to a value for 0 to 180° from a HS device.
14. An RGB device can be created from 3 pwm outputs
15. There is an API for the board so you can send and receive your own values to and from the board to Homeseer.
Attached Images

Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
Scripts =
Various

Last edited by enigmatheatre; May 1st, 2017 at 05:15 PM.
Closed Thread