X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidden Door Sensor Not Changing State

Good Morning,

I'm having an issue as I work to add several door sensors. For all my other Insteon devices I've used the plugin's "Tap Add" feature and that's worked well. However after trying this with three separate sensors I decided that tap add will not work (sensor in inclusion mode).

I've had some more success with inputting in ID and adding this way. That seems to work however when I try the "Program device for Homeseer" that consistently fails (even after getting the double beep from the sensor itself). I have however been able to complete a "Reprogram device" consistently.

I now see the Device, Heartbeat, battery level and low battery children. When the device is awake I can communicate with it as well. The only issue is that the sensor will never change state. It has shown as "Closed" since I added it and I'm unable to change the state. This is after adding three separate sensors with all the same behavior. All three devices have a firmware rev of 45.

Sounds like the sensor didn't get the correct links programmed.

put the sensor into linking mode, and try to read the links. if no links are returned, use the "program device for homeseer"

you might need to factory reset the device and then 'program device for homeseer"
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks Mark. Unfortunately the 'Program device for Homeseer' fails. It seems to fail at the "re-linking" state. I've tried this with all three sensors to no avail. The 'reprogram' works (although the sensor will not show current state). but 'program device for homeseer' never does.

Comment

Here are the links that are returned.

Device Link Table

Link #3 Door Sensor has local control reporting to HomeSeer
        Link #1 Heartbeat has local control reporting to HomeSeer
        Link #2 Low Battery has local control reporting to HomeSeer

Comment

Originally posted by ianmcg View Post
          Here are the links that are returned.

Device Link Table

Link #3 Door Sensor has local control reporting to HomeSeer
          Link #1 Heartbeat has local control reporting to HomeSeer
          Link #2 Low Battery has local control reporting to HomeSeer
          these look right.

run the 'display interface links' from the config page and see if you see three links in the interface database related to each device. these are links in the PLM
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

That seems to be the issue! No interface record for any of the three sensors at all.... Any idea how best to proceed? I've done a factory reset on one of the devices and re-added it. Still no luck at all with the 'program device for homeseer' option. I've also added a DIN dimmer and KPL since adding the sensors and both those (non-battery) devices add and program without issue.

Comment

Update:

It looks like the new powerline (KPL and DIN Dimmer) devices I added also have no entry in the interface DB. I also note that my interface DB records seem to be stagnant and have not moved as I performed the "display interface links". stagnant at 992... Have I reached a physical limit of records in the DB?

Comment

yes 992 is high, use the plugin "reset and reprogram interface" function. this will clean up the plm database. then check the link count in the plm

make sure the battery device is in link mode when registering it with the plugin.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

So the reset/reprogram got up to 1235.... However when I update links I'm still at 992. The odd (at least to me) thing is that there are several hundred links that seem to have no data (or at least no description)

Such as:

0643 E2 FE 3F B1 00 00 00 00
                  0644 E2 00 3F 00 00 00 00 00
                  0645 A2 01 3F 00 00 00 00 00
                  0646 E2 FE 3F 00 00 00 00 00
                  0647 E2 00 3F 00 00 00 00 00

Again. nothing listed in the description and they seem to be grouped together from entry 0643 all the way to 0992. I also note that my KPL's are creating over 20 records each (even when nothing is programmed to buttons)...

Comment

I should also add that past about entry 700 I get the following:

0953 E2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
                    0954 E2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
                    0955 E2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
                    0956 E2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
                    0957 E2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Seemingly a couple hundred entries the same... No description and the only change being the Link #.

Comment

you're definitely hitting the upper limit on the KPL database.

the kpl buttons are required, and they do have a lot of links.

how KPLs do you have?

do you have a lot of insteon groups?
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Here is the listing from my main config page:

You have 180 internal Insteon device(s) registered in the system, 0 external device(s), and 60 group(s).
                        These devices and groups currently consume 992 link database entries in your interface.*
                        You have 194 unused outbound link addresses out of 254 total available.

I have a total of 34 8 button KPLs.

Anything I can do to limit the total links made by the KPLs?

Also, any idea on the seemingly spurious (all 0) entries in my PLM database?

Comment

Originally posted by ianmcg View Post
                          Here is the listing from my main config page:

You have 180 internal Insteon device(s) registered in the system, 0 external device(s), and 60 group(s).
                          These devices and groups currently consume 992 link database entries in your interface.*
                          You have 194 unused outbound link addresses out of 254 total available.

I have a total of 34 8 button KPLs.

Anything I can do to limit the total links made by the KPLs?

Also, any idea on the seemingly spurious (all 0) entries in my PLM database?
                          yes we can significantly reduce the number of links the KPLs use but you will need to do some work here

lets not worry about the all 0 links.

shutdown hs
                          add the following line to the [config] section of the insteon.ini

KPLGroupLinks=False
                          restart hs

for each kpl you must delete the links that say something like

Button X is controlled by Homeseer Button Control Group

leave these links as-is
                          Link #1 Button A/Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                          Link #2 Button B has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                          Link #3 Button C has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                          Link #4 Button D has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                          Link #5 Button E has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                          Link #6 Button F has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                          Link #7 Button G has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                          Link #8 Button H has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                          Link #9 Button A/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #254 (HomeSeer All Devices Group) - On Level : On
                          Link #X Button On/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - On Level: 0%, Ramp Rate: .5 Sec.
                          if you would like please post a set of links from one KPL and I will confirm which links to delete. the links to delete will all look the same in each KPL.

PS after deleting links from the one or two KPLs, you will need to reset and reprogram the PLM to remove the unnecessary links from the PLM as well. This will give you a new reduced link count.

PSS the links should only be modified for i2 or i2CS KPLs. Old i1 KPLs need all existing links
                          Last edited by mnsandler; October 18, 2017, 06:04 AM. Reason: added PS & PSS
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks Mark.

I think I may have already done this by updating the setting in the .ini file from the get go (I had done this prior to setting up my new home). Below is an example of the links from a "typical" KPL

Link #3 Button A/Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                            Link #4 Button B has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                            Link #5 Button C has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                            Link #6 Button D has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                            Link #7 Button E has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                            Link #8 Button F has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                            Link #9 Button G has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                            Link #10 Button H has local control reporting to HomeSeer
                            Link #2 Button A/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - On Level: 0%, Ramp Rate: .5 Sec.
                            Link #1 Button A/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - On Level: 100%, Ramp Rate: .5 Sec.
                            Link #11 Button A/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #254 (HomeSeer All Devices Group) - On Level: 100%, Ramp Rate: .1 Sec.
                            Link #12 Button H is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #24 Registered Group #25 'B_Craft Craft All Lights' - On Level : On

I don't see any of the button groups you were looking for. I did remove several large device groups in the hope I could get below 992 but alas am still not there. I still do wonder about the several hundred 0 items just from a curiosity perspective. Any additional thoughts on where from here?

Comment

I seem to also have a number of "bad links" in quote a few KPLS. These seem to be some of the original KPLs i added "unsure if these are groups being overridden as I have exceeded 992). I'm deleting the from the KPL's themselves but unsure if this helps my PLM database or not.

Here is an example:

Link #13 Button B is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #58 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced group #) - On Level :
                              Link #14 Button C is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #59 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced group #) - On Level :
                              Link #15 Button D is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #60 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced group #) - On Level :
                              Link #16 Button E is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #61 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced group #) - On Level :
                              Link #17 Button F is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #62 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced group #) - On Level :
                              Link #18 Button G is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #63 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced group #) - On Level :
                              Link #19 Button H is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #64 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced group #) - On Level :

Comment

Working...
                              X