This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypad linc question

I read through the sticky for the Keypad linc, but I am not sure everything still applies.

I use to just add the KPL to HomeSeer, then use events to control things and keep the buttons in sync if events controlled the devices/groups. That was/is a little slow.

I decided to try and link the individual devices to the buttons through HS. That sort of worked fine. Now the KPL controls the devices fine, it just gets out of sync if HS events control those same devices. I have the sync responder devices checked in the PI.

How do I get the KPL to stay in sync with the devices it controls?

Thanks,

EDIT: Forgot to state that if I use events to keep the KPL buttons in sync with the devices, sometimes the device will get into a slow on/off cycle. This only happens if the KPL has linked devices and gets updated by events.
    Last edited by skybolt; November 2, 2017, 12:06 PM.
    -Skybolt

I think I may have answered my own question.

It looks like you have to tell the device itself it has a controller also.

I thought the linking process was done for both the controller and the device, but apparently not.
    Didn't catch that one in the sticky ...
    -Skybolt

Comment

also, what plugin version are you running?
      Last edited by mnsandler; November 2, 2017, 12:24 PM. Reason: i see you are using the 'sync' option
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

The latest released version I believe 3.0.6.0
        -Skybolt

Comment

if you have any more questions, please describe the devices and links in the setup, and what isn't working. I might be able to replicate the setup to help resolve the issue.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks. I think I just needed to tell the devices they had a controller. The devices are just SwitchLinc lights and an ApplianceLinc module.

I am still at work, but when I added the KPL controller to each of the devices the web page for the controller updated correctly.
            -Skybolt

Comment

So this worked if I only look at the HS web page. The KPL itself does not update correctly unless I use events to do so. Is there anything I can do to change this?
              -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
                So this worked if I only look at the HS web page. The KPL itself does not update correctly unless I use events to do so. Is there anything I can do to change this?
                What I do, is instead of having events that turn on and off the linked devices, have an event that turns on and off the keypadlinc button. With the update option selected, the plugin turns on/off both the keypadlinc button and the device linked to it.

If the problem is changes made at the local device, I think that you are stuck using events to update the keypadlinc button if the device is a responder only. If it is a controller/responder, then you just have to cross link it, usually.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
                  What I do, is instead of having events that turn on and off the linked devices, have an event that turns on and off the keypadlinc button. With the update option selected, the plugin turns on/off both the keypadlinc button and the device linked to it.

If the problem is changes made at the local device, I think that you are stuck using events to update the keypadlinc button if the device is a responder only. If it is a controller/responder, then you just have to cross link it, usually.
                  Yep, that is exactly what I have been doing, up until the device link test. I just re-enabled all of my events that track the device states and set the KPL button state. What is the "Update" option you mentioned?

I was actually hoping for the "Sync linked responder devices" option to work that way though.
                  -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
                    ...I was actually hoping for the "Sync linked responder devices" option to work that way though.
                    That's the one. I am still on HS2 and version 2.0.0.26 of the plug-in, so things may have changed since then. I also do not have "Do not auto-sync" checked.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
                      That's the one. I am still on HS2 and version 2.0.0.26 of the plug-in, so things may have changed since then. I also do not have "Do not auto-sync" checked.
                      Right, either do I. unfortunately it appears that these option's do not function correctly in HS3 or I have a misunderstanding of how it is supposed to work.
                      -Skybolt

Comment

skybolt,

is the issue when you control a single device from an event, the linked devices aren't getting updated in hs?

if so, is this just a two way link between a couple of devices, or something more complex?

i know this works, but i'm wondering if i need you to try the latest beta. i know i resolved something like this that i ran into myself.

if you do try the beta, backup everything first so you can roll back if necessary
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                          skybolt,

is the issue when you control a single device from an event, the linked devices aren't getting updated in hs?

if so, is this just a two way link between a couple of devices, or something more complex?

i know this works, but i'm wondering if i need you to try the latest beta. i know i resolved something like this that i ran into myself.

if you do try the beta, backup everything first so you can roll back if necessary
                          Mark,

Here is how I have things setup now. I have the KPL in HS as a device with 8 buttons. Each button is a toggle. I only have 4 of the 8 buttons linked to a device. 3 SWL lights and 1 AL device. I linked these devices through HS, I also added the controller button to each device through the HS device page.

If I turn on a linked device from the device switch, the KPL does not update. If I use the HS web page, the device turns on and the web page device of the KPL changes state to match the device but the KPL does not indicate the change.

If I use an event to update the KPL the device starts cycling state at 1-2 second intervals and won't stop until I disable the on/off events.

Before I linked the devices I used events to control everything, nothing linked to the KPL, and everything worked fine, except there was a bit of a delay that was unpredictable and annoying to use the KPL.
                          -Skybolt

Comment

i don't understand this sentence. did you create another link, or something else? what did you mean by a controller button

I also added the controller button to each device through the HS device page.
                            you need to make to make sure everything works as expected without HS. That is, all the links need to be in place so devices turn on and off from the SWLs or AL or from the KPL buttons. Everything must work correctly when you control the device physically/manually.

once you get that working, we can get the hs devices to follow.

you need to disable your events that attempt to sync the kpl buttons. it shouldn't be necessary and may be causing problems.

l
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                              i don't understand this sentence. did you create another link, or something else? what did you mean by a controller button
                              Not sure about the link. If you go into the regular HS device at the bottom of the device page, not your PI device page, there is a drop down box that states; "Linked Device:" then you select which device it's linked to. These were set to there corresponding KPL buttons.

you need to make to make sure everything works as expected without HS. That is, all the links need to be in place so devices turn on and off from the SWLs or AL or from the KPL buttons. Everything must work correctly when you control the device physically/manually.

once you get that working, we can get the hs devices to follow.
                              That is the question I guess. I used HS to link all of the devices to the KPL. That said, the KPL does control the linked devices correctly. The issue still stands that if HS or the device's switch changes the state of that device, the KPL does not follow the state change.

you need to disable your events that attempt to sync the kpl buttons. it shouldn't be necessary and may be causing problems.
                              They are disabled now and yes they were causing issues.
                              -Skybolt

Comment

Working...
                              X