No announcement yet.

Z-Wave plugin errors; I might have found why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you post the startup log when you get the error?

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
    Never mind, it seems to be a coincident after all. Issue is still present in build 173.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Sure! See attached for the Startup.log. I also included the full log until the UZB is finally initialized. This time it took 10 or 12 retries and that is actually quite fast. Sometimes it takes more than 10 minutes, or simply never completes until I restart the PI.

Thanks!
      Attached Files
      stefxx

Comment

Is there any chance that you have another system connected to the Z-NET? I have seen this same thing happen when 2 systems try to connect to the same Z-NET (which will not work).

I assume you have power cycled the Z-NET to reset the Z-Wave chip?

It looks like a network issue. What its trying to do should not have anything to do with network traffic (although that is still possible if you have a device sending an excessive about of data to the interface)

When you do get it connected, can you enable device logging from the Z-Wave config page and see if there is a lot of incoming traffic.

Sure! See attached for the Startup.log. I also included the full log until the UZB is finally initialized. This time it took 10 or 12 retries and that is actually quite fast. Sometimes it takes more than 10 minutes, or simply never completes until I restart the PI.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          Is there any chance that you have another system connected to the Z-NET? I have seen this same thing happen when 2 systems try to connect to the same Z-NET (which will not work).
          No, I am sure that is not the case.

I assume you have power cycled the Z-NET to reset the Z-Wave chip?
          Yes. I have this issue for a long time already. I have power cycled the Z-Net several times.

It looks like a network issue. What its trying to do should not have anything to do with network traffic (although that is still possible if you have a device sending an excessive about of data to the interface)
          At least, it seems to be related to network traffic. If I eliminate the network traffic (by relocating the Z-Net outside the house, and I also powered down most of the house just to test) the issue seems to disappear.

When you do get it connected, can you enable device logging from the Z-Wave config page and see if there is a lot of incoming traffic.
          See attached. I ran it for 60 seconds, and as far as I can see, I received 105 updates from several devices. It that a lot?

Thanks again!
          Attached Files
          stefxx

Comment

It is pretty busy, but I don't think it should stop it from working. The Z-Wave chip has a really slow 8051 processor in it so it can easily get overrun.

On your Z-Wave config page, what is your timeout set to
            "Send Timeout (seconds):"

Yes. I have this issue for a long time already. I have power cycled the Z-Net several times.

At least, it seems to be related to network traffic. If I eliminate the network traffic (by relocating the Z-Net outside the house, and I also powered down most of the house just to test) the issue seems to disappear.

See attached. I ran it for 60 seconds, and as far as I can see, I received 105 updates from several devices. It that a lot?

Thanks again!

Comment

8 seconds. I believe that is the default?

Just FYI: I do not have any issues with my Z-Wave network beside the initialization. All nodes are reachable and responding quickly.

Thanks again!
              stefxx

Comment

Can you get me a debug log from a startup that is hanging, it will have more information. It is displaying an error after only 3 seconds but the timeout on that command is set to 15, so some other error is happening.

Thanks again!

Comment

Can you get me a debug log from a startup that is hanging, it will have more information. It is displaying an error after only 3 seconds but the timeout on that command is set to 15, so some other error is happening.
                  Please find attached 3 sets of debug files:
                  Error1.zip: this is the most frequent error I see (Z-Net: The Z-Net interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).. For some reason it took me several attempt to recreate this error with debugging on??? As soon as I turned debugging off, the issues was back more constistenly.
                  Error2.zip: Same as above, but also another error: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Z-Net).
                  Succes.zip: For your reference, a succesfull startup.
                  Attached Files
                  stefxx

Comment

Hi Rich, any update or new ideas?
                    stefxx

Comment

I'm getting the same errors on my UZB1 (Firmware 5.0.4) as well (plugged into my HS3 server). Happens after a day or two and Z-wave fails to work. The only resolution is to stop/start the z-wave plugin.

Any updates Rich as this is getting frustrating?
                      Attached Files
                      Jon

Comment

I now also need to stop and restart the Z-Wave plugin after Homeseer has restarted. Very frustrating.
                        Jon

Comment

Do you see error1 under normal operation or only when you restore nodes?

I sent you a response in your help desk ticket, but for others, I have made a change in Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.178 that ignores all Z-Wave commands when a restore is in progress. If this does not fix it, then I can only assume that the Z-Wave chip is too busy and its not reliably allowing me to restore node information.

Please find attached 3 sets of debug files:
                          Error1.zip: this is the most frequent error I see (Z-Net: The Z-Net interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).. For some reason it took me several attempt to recreate this error with debugging on??? As soon as I turned debugging off, the issues was back more constistenly.
                          Error2.zip: Same as above, but also another error: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Z-Net).
                          Succes.zip: For your reference, a succesfull startup.

Comment

With .178 I get the following regularly on startup. If I then disable and re-enable the Z-wave plugin, all is good.
                            Attached Files
                            Jon

Comment

Do you see error1 under normal operation or only when you restore nodes?

I sent you a response in your help desk ticket, but for others, I have made a change in Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.178 that ignores all Z-Wave commands when a restore is in progress. If this does not fix it, then I can only assume that the Z-Wave chip is too busy and its not reliably allowing me to restore node information.
                              Thanks. See also my response on the ticket. I strongly believe it is NOT the restore that is the issue, but the initialization of the UZB. A restore simply initializes the UZB several times, hence the issue with a restore...

Is it possible to ignore all incoming Z-Wave commands during initialization as well?
                              stefxx

Comment

I think I fixed this issue, try Z-Wave plugin Beta 3.0.1.179.

Comment

Working...
                                X