Current weather display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current weather display

Hi, It has been a while for me. Summer keeps me busy with a lot of other things.

I have notice that my old "10 Day Forecast" page no longer works. I can't remeber who wrote this one and my searches have not turned up anything familiar. I guess I need to get caught up. So, what is the latest, best weather page? Will it work with all of my currently defined devices, etc.

R. Braddock

There appears to a constant influx of weather scripts.

The 10 day weather .asp is still working but needs to be adjusted from time to time.

For a quick fix try adjusting this line:
    data= objIE.document.body.All.Item(43).innerhtml

by changing the number in your copy to 43.

I plan to post an update in the next couple of days that has built in error checking so that It will automatically self correct. little .asp weather pages The code will be similar to news.asp

On the other hand, I just tried .asp version of World Weather posted by Carlos and it is most excellent.
    Highly recommended.

Currently it simply displays the local forcast and a simple 5 day report, but it has a lot of potential for updated virtual devices etc. Very Fast.

I would like to see the World Weather feather added back in, and will take a look at this later.

Mike H. is also working very hard on a Weatherman which is the update to the classic weather2.txt (which is now out of date). Weatherman will have all of the features and more. Mike is planning to use an include file to parse the date, which will be more reliable.
    Highly recommended.

A recent Basic Weather.com Parsing script was also posted which simply downloads the weather variables from weather.com. It can be used as a base for other scripts or to simply obtain a single variable such as temperature.

CFGuy also has some very cool weather pages and has posted a weather include

So lots of options which are all being supported at the time being.

(somebody had to do it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] )

[This message was edited by HomeSeerLover on Wednesday, 03 July 2002 at 09:17 PM.]

Comment

Make one of the links in the links.htm file point to this url and you'll never have to worry about adjusting code. If the url changes simply edit the url and you'll get the forcast. This is musch more simple than fretting over the weather channel changing page layout. This page has worked for over a year and a half with no changes.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tendayprint/35806

Just change you zip code and away you go. No parsing errors to worry with.

-Rupp
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have to agree! Your 10day.asp is great. Have you thought about making a simular page for the link on the 10day... http://www.weather.com/weather/climatology/85248

?

Comment

Always the best way. I just like how the page looks on the Audrey's when it is parsed out.

10day.asp has been stable for several months now. It only takes a minute if the number changes.

HT, the probable is that if you do a direct url link, you get all of the other garbage (Ads etc).

Comment

I meant to use the 10_day.asp as a template to clean out th garbage and display the averages and such just as 10 day displays the forecast.

Either way, here's an ASP I mod'd to show the current forecast and a few maps - formatted to 640x480, my touchscreens.
            Attached Files

Comment

Just when my WAF was sky high and all the headaches were worthwhile, her favorite part (10-day forecast) stopped working. They put an ad on the 'printable' version of the 10-day so it now chokes.

Any help is appreciated!

Comment

Mine still works fine. Have you tried the above mentioned url and sub in your zip code?

-Rupp
                ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.

Comment

Rupp,

Yeah, I tried that. Are you seeing their advertisement on your page? This is all I get:
                  High /
                  Low (°F) Precip. %

and then nothing....

Comment

J. Platt are you using 10_Day.asp??

If so try the follwing line:

data= objIE.document.body.All.Item(11).innerhtml

The key is the number 11

It is currently working for me.
                    Attached Files

Comment

This one has also been working for several weeks.
                      It does seems to open a pop-up on the serverside.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks HSL. The 11 did the trick.

Comment

FOr the forecast for a given city, I use a web page in which I have written ASP code. This code takes the parameters of the URL which are the NOAA/NWS weather region code and the human-readable city name. My ASP code goes to the Weather.com site and gets the 10 day forecast web page. It then strips out their header, the advertising, and changes the style sheet for their table to be one with fonts which better suit me (bigger). It then passes this result on out to the web browser. Works pretty well.

I found that smaller cities, like Morro Bay, CA have correct temperatures in weather.com's site. The NWS site on NOAA gives the forecast for the largest nearby city - which in the case of Morro Bay, is San Louis Obispo which has vastly different highs/lows.

ASP code can be had for the asking.
                          I use it to drive my TV set from the computer (bigger fonts needed).

Comment

Does anyone know the code for the weather magnet or do you have to sign up for this image?

-Rupp

Comment

Working...
                            X