• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-NET WiFi issues with Z-Wave V3.0.1.184

I am running 2 systems in parallel, as I work on migrating to a new home:

1) HS3PRO and Z-NET WiFi
    2) HS3STD and Z-NET wired

I decided to upgrade the Z-Wave plugin to the beta release 3.0.1.184. With the first setup, I cannot reconnect to the Z-NET WiFi and have to downgrade the plugin to do so. With the second setup (Z-NET wired), there is no problem. Both are now running the beta version of HS3 [3.0.0.398 (Windows)]. I think the following may relate: Z-NET WiFi firmware is Version 1.0.23, while Z-NET wired is Version 1.0.22.

I guess this is mainly for comment, since if I need firmware version 1.0.22 to use the Z-Wave beta plugin with the first setup, I would not want to downgrade the firmware.
    Elliott
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Originally posted by Richel View Post
    I am running 2 systems in parallel, as I work on migrating to a new home:

1) HS3PRO and Z-NET WiFi
    2) HS3STD and Z-NET wired

I decided to upgrade the Z-Wave plugin to the beta release 3.0.1.184. With the first setup, I cannot reconnect to the Z-NET WiFi and have to downgrade the plugin to do so. With the second setup (Z-NET wired), there is no problem. Both are now running the beta version of HS3 [3.0.0.398 (Windows)]. I think the following may relate: Z-NET WiFi firmware is Version 1.0.23, while Z-NET wired is Version 1.0.22.

I guess this is mainly for comment, since if I need firmware version 1.0.22 to use the Z-Wave beta plugin with the first setup, I would not want to downgrade the firmware.
    Elliott
    I have 3 Z-Nets on 3.0.1.184. I reconfigured 2 of them for WiFi last weekend and I have no issues. All three are on 1.0.23 and are v2 Z-Nets. I would suspect that you have something else going on.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      I have 3 Z-Nets on 3.0.1.184. I reconfigured 2 of them for WiFi last weekend and I have no issues. All three are on 1.0.23 and are v2 Z-Nets. I would suspect that you have something else going on.
      Randy:
      Thanks. In light of this information, I will look to other things.

Elliott
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
      "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

You might look at post 7 in this thread. David (zwolfpack) has discovered a number of problems in the Z-Net over the last few firmware iterations. There is a link in that post to a package that checks for some of the issues. Some of these issues affect connectivity, not necessarily WiFi, but it is worth looking into. The other thing I have noticed is that I have to disconnect Ethernet and restart a Z-Net after changing from wired to wireless in order for it to connect to the plug-in.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
        X