Repeat not working in 3.1.0.22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repeat not working in 3.1.0.22

The Set Repeat command is not working with my Play 5 (or other Sonos devices). I noticed that since .22 my device is playing all night instead of stopping at the end of a playlist. I tried inserting a Stop Repeat command but still find repeat on in the morning. I turn it off manually through the Sonos controller (on PC) but find it back on the next morning after I trigger the playlist event followed by having the Sonos plugin turning off repeat. It has worked without issue for many months using the same events - nothing in my HS config has changed.

Originally posted by Keoni View Post
    The Set Repeat command is not working with my Play 5 (or other Sonos devices). I noticed that since .22 my device is playing all night instead of stopping at the end of a playlist. I tried inserting a Stop Repeat command but still find repeat on in the morning. I turn it off manually through the Sonos controller (on PC) but find it back on the next morning after I trigger the playlist event followed by having the Sonos plugin turning off repeat. It has worked without issue for many months using the same events - nothing in my HS config has changed.
    Can you post a screenshot of your event(s), a log with debug flag on?
    Dirk

Comment

Interestingly, after being able to reproduce it reliably, when I enabled the Debug Flag the problem went away. I can not control the repeat through the plugin without fail. Odd...

Thanks for the response!
      John

Comment

Originally posted by Keoni View Post
        Interestingly, after being able to reproduce it reliably, when I enabled the Debug Flag the problem went away. I can not control the repeat through the plugin without fail. Odd...

Thanks for the response!
        John
        If it fails again, try to build in a little wait between spitting out commands. Sonos doesn't like it when things come too fast OR you cannot set for example repeat when the player is currently playing a radiostation. So for these things to work, the player actually needs to be set playing something from their queue, else queue commands like repeat and shuffle might be ignored or end up specifically for that service and not for other's (or so I seem to recall)
        Dirk

Comment

Ah - this is good to know and something that rings true from my poking around. I did notice that if the player was not playing something, you cannot control functions like repeat. This is also something that I observed with using the Sonos native controller from a PC directly.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X